• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, F For Fake said:

Also picked up this Hela One:12 figure, because for about $25, why not?

That's a steal on what looks to me like a great figure.  I've had that in my Amazon "saved for later" for over a year looking for a low enough price, and yea, $25 is fantastic.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:44 PM, fantastic_four said:

That's a steal on what looks to me like a great figure.  I've had that in my Amazon "saved for later" for over a year looking for a low enough price, and yea, $25 is fantastic.

Yeah, I couldn't pass her up. I haven't gone very far into the One:12 line, but this was a figure I'd had my eye on. Although the scales are completely different, I actually prefer this sculpt to the Hot Toys version.

It's easy to prefer almost any twelfth scale figure to any Hot Toys figure.  The articulation is worse on Hot Toys, and the faces usually linger squarely in the uncanny valley.  SO strange how that works...you start off admiring the insane detail they achieved with the faces that NO twelfth scale figure can achieve, but then it gets worse and worse, creepier and creepier the longer you look at it.  They only seem to fully cross the uncanny valley on about one in every five or ten figures.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, F For Fake said:

Almost forgot some other randomness I picked up right before Xmas. My LCS was having a 25% sale for holds customers, and I posted the comics I picked up, but forgot about the toys. They picked up a large modern TF collection recently, and I'd had my eye on Springer and Sandstorm for my Wreckers Crew. 25% made it a deal I couldn't pass up. The thing is, I kinda hate to open them up, because I really enjoyed the thrilling 30 packaging, but eventually they'll find their way onto a shelf. I did see recently that apparently there will be an Amazon wave of Wreckers, but I'm assuming they'll be in the WFC style, so I'll probably just stick with these. 

I also grabbed a really groovy Cobra Commander from the Pursuit of Cobra line, but have already manage to misplace him. I boxed up a bunch of toys for storage last week, so he must be in there. I think it's the nicest Coco ever made, with the chrome faceplate, the extra hooded head, and the cool Fang-inspired jetpack backpack. I need to dig him back out!

IMG_3982.JPG

IMG_3983.JPG

You are going to like those two Transformers.  Nice engineering on those. 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:07 PM, bentbryan said:

This was on the shelf at my LCS yesterday and I had to snag it. 

37FB9742-1211-4829-92E3-62A46E73C40F.jpeg

If you like Kwinn check this out if you ever see it. 

GI Joe Retaliation Kwinn

This is the clothes from the Snake Eyes and Kwinn Road Trip issues when they went after Dr Venom. 

67274.jpg

On 1/6/2022 at 8:32 PM, Buzzetta said:

GI Joe Retaliation Kwinn

This is the clothes from the Snake Eyes and Kwinn Road Trip issues when they went after Dr Venom. 

67274.jpg

As a kid in the early '80s I was always bummed that we never got this figure in the original o-ring line.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:32 PM, Buzzetta said:

GI Joe Retaliation Kwinn

67274.jpg

Very cool! I just did a search and found it. Any idea why they would include him in that line since he wasn’t in the movie? I didn’t remember him being in it and there’s nothing on IMDB either.

And thank you!  

Edited by bentbryan

I'm about to join the G.I. Joe Classified club. I ordered the movie version of Scarlett from Snake Eyes Origins on discount. I saw some of the movie. I haven't finished it yet. But I doubt we will get a Hot Toys version of Scarlett from the movie. So the Classified figure will probably be the best version. I'll most likely keep the figure boxed. Love the artwork though.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:54 PM, bentbryan said:

Very cool! I just did a search and found it. Any idea why they would include him in that line since he wasn’t in the movie? I didn’t remember him being in it and there’s nothing on IMDB either.

And thank you!  

They used a slot in the assortment to issue a figure that fans were asking for.  It's a great figure, at one point I had a couple of them. 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:07 AM, F For Fake said:

Almost forgot some other randomness I picked up right before Xmas. My LCS was having a 25% sale for holds customers, and I posted the comics I picked up, but forgot about the toys. They picked up a large modern TF collection recently, and I'd had my eye on Springer and Sandstorm for my Wreckers Crew. 25% made it a deal I couldn't pass up. The thing is, I kinda hate to open them up, because I really enjoyed the thrilling 30 packaging, but eventually they'll find their way onto a shelf. I did see recently that apparently there will be an Amazon wave of Wreckers, but I'm assuming they'll be in the WFC style, so I'll probably just stick with these. 

I also grabbed a really groovy Cobra Commander from the Pursuit of Cobra line, but have already manage to misplace him. I boxed up a bunch of toys for storage last week, so he must be in there. I think it's the nicest Coco ever made, with the chrome faceplate, the extra hooded head, and the cool Fang-inspired jetpack backpack. I need to dig him back out!

IMG_3982.JPG

IMG_3983.JPG

IMG_3984.JPG

That Springer is a great figure. I have the newest one too, but I still haven't opened it, so I can't tell you how it compares, but it certainly doesn't have the personality of this one. Sandstorm is good too, but the extra kibble does get in the way a bit. YMMV. 

Great work getting Hela for only $25. That's one heck of a bargain. She's definitely one of their better ones too, IMO, which is saying something in a line with far more hits than misses like the 1:12 Collective. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

Ugh, so disappointed. 

Guy posted 4 Bravestarr MIB figures on ebay.
bstar.thumb.jpg.a6a4a8756b752c946372439d0e5e0abb.jpg
He had zero feedback and listed them weirdly (did them like a quantity buy, though they were numbered, and each had varying degrees of damage. He also had "no returns" listed, but I figured Im still covered, so lets give it a shot. I asked for more pictures (there was only a front shot and a back shot), but after one BIN hit (and I was worried they had asked for the one I was targeting) I decided to go forward and roll the dice. #3 seemed to be in pretty great shape, with only slight creasing to the box, so I hit the BIN and specified #3.

Fast forward to today, and it showed up YAY!
I open the box, and discover that there are a few more creases than apparent in the picture (but I could live with it)
but there's also a perfectly straight almost box length cut (looks like a "opening the case of toys with a boxcutter" down the side of the box. 

RtnDownloadFile.thumb.png.6839cdb828ec4b63d756f1da4ed2e33b.png

I contact the seller and open a return saying that there was undisclosed damage, and wanted to return. I really do try to find mint boxes so this doesnt meet my threshold. 
Guy messages me back and says that "when it left it did not have a cut down the side" 
I'm like "please don't imply that I did the damage. I've submitted a return request based on the item not arriving as described, please process it" 

(the side of the toy box with the cut is not the side facing the edge that I cut when I opened the package, so that'd require one magic boxcutter....)
ugh, new sellers... 
Back to the hunt for a minty Bravestarr MIB.