• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, lostboys said:

Found this at a yard sale this past weekend. It's in great condition but very dusty. I need some advice on the best way to clean it. I tried canned air, didn't work. 

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

20220125_105537_HDR.thumb.jpg.2ac5f8e357cafb0fbad6699f5b5d77cd.jpg

On a solid piece like that, and if you feel confident there isn't any UV damage or paint flaking, I would soak it in boiled(distilled) water and clean with a very soft bristled brush, like a soft paint brush or even soft bristled tooth brush

Nice warm water soak shouldn't hurt

Edited by The Meta

On 1/25/2022 at 8:03 AM, lostboys said:

Found this at a yard sale this past weekend. It's in great condition but very dusty. I need some advice on the best way to clean it. I tried canned air, didn't work. 

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

20220125_105537_HDR.thumb.jpg.2ac5f8e357cafb0fbad6699f5b5d77cd.jpg

Warm water and a toothbrush. Some really light soap if it has any grime (and then rinse with clean water when done). Dry it with a soft cloth when you are done (try not to miss any water .... blow out spots that you can't get a soft cloth and wipe the rest dry). Great figure BTW!

Edited by 707comics

On 1/26/2022 at 8:11 AM, The Meta said:

Who is that supposed to be?

A Japanese character. Second part of a 6 part combiner. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

On 12/20/2021 at 1:42 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Here's a first look at next year's Marvel Legends X-Men wave. Gotta say, it's an awful BAF choice, but it's a nice sculpt, just a terrible character choice that I don't think will entice anybody. http://marveltoynews.com/marvel-legends-20th-anniversary-hulk-figure-x-men-legends-2022-series-revealed/

I don’t collect, but I kinda dig the Sabretooth

B5202E26-74F3-42F5-902E-D56A2835B2F8.thumb.jpeg.5bb5a29709412b8fc7695b47adb7265a.jpeg

If anyone was looking for the Transformers Walgreens Red Alert Exclusive that is driving people nuts to find...

Walmart put some up for sale on the website. 

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron:-kingdom-deluxe-wfc-k38-red-alert/ID=300419960-product

RA-001.jpg

9scrmax3.jpg

On 1/23/2022 at 9:06 PM, Buzzetta said:

Someone is smoking crack for these 5POA figures to be $20 each.  I fully understand that Super7/Reaction needs to pay for the Hasbro license on these but still.

IMG_8211.jpeg

Yeah, they're pricey, but I can't resist. They're $17.99 at BBTS, which I think is about as good as they get. Target has some of wave 1 online (but not the entire wave, and none of wave 2) so I guess it's possible to work a better deal on some figures using Target Circle deals, Red Card 5% off, and free shipping.

It's interesting to me that Wave 2 is already hitting the shelves at Target, whereas Wave 1 still hasn't shipped to me from BBTS.

Price aside, I'm all onboard for these. Each wave is giving us like 9 variations on troop builders, if not more. That's insane! They also look so great on card. If they weren't so crazy pricey, I'd be buying two sets of every wave. But a man must know his limits!

On 1/25/2022 at 5:09 PM, Poekaymon said:

I am tempted, though I don't collect MP scale. Raiden always seemed so cool and interesting, since it wasn't offered domestically. This looks like it's going to turn out really nice, but the total investment is more than I can really justify. We'll see how my (legendarily weak) resolve holds up.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:06 AM, Ceito said:

Hello to all.. 

sharing this only graded figure in my collection. I haven’t really seen any others. 

E4B860DC-7629-4E13-9CCB-588AD08935F0.thumb.jpeg.d629eed322126c073f23fe8f379812c8.jpeg

Very cool, that's a Penney's/Sears version, right? I dig these and the hasbro direct mailaways. Tough to find these days.

On 1/24/2022 at 10:24 PM, fantastic_four said:

Has Hasbro pulled out of SDCC?

Unknown at this point.  That is assuming that we will actually have a SDCC.  Last time they did "special edition" if I am correct and Hasbro did their own thing. 

I don't get this... Playmates is bringing back the Star Trek line but at 5"...  

Why not make it that extra inch to be more compatible to every other line that Hasbro and Mattel are doing?  

https://bleedingcool.com/collectibles/star-trek-playmates-figures-role-play-reveals-discovery/

@Bosco685

Also... 

I figured that this would happen.  Now I am okay with selling off my old Indy figures from 2008. 

Hasbro reacquired or reactivated the license to produce Indiana Jones figures.  I have only one six inch figure and that is of Snake Eyes.  Whatever scale this is, will be an wallet opener for me. 

https://bleedingcool.com/collectibles/hasbro-extends-lucasfilm-toy-deal-and-acquires-indiana-jones-license/