• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,349 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2022 at 2:01 PM, Cat said:

I'd really like the upcoming TVC Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike. No way I'm paying $48USD for the privilege, though. That's more than what I paid for the 6 inch Black Series ones! 

As has been pointed out to me by a friend, it's more than this year's GIJOE Classified 6 inch figures and vehicles, ie figures that come with assorted motorcycles, the COIL and the RAAM. How is that justified? I know the license costs money but geez. 

If you look back in this thread I stated 6" was a mistake, when they did sigma 6 all the figures where decent but the vehicles all came with small figures.   I even stated there it would be smaller vehicles only. I was in eb games yesterday and all the classified on sale.    So they changed for the collector to older style and then even fail there because they keep releasing same figures.  Hasbro and that team leading them wants nothing but hasbro pulse and exclusives are just after money, produce stuff that auto sales to bots.  they dont care, they making money..  We saw this in the 90s with comics and cards.  Manufactrured rares!   They keep doing the same thing without learning.  Example bring out Storm Shadow and then  make a walmart exclusive that was usa only.  Im a big joe fan but everything that is going on has put me off.  I look at some exclusives like that stinger.  I bought a figure for $10 cdn, and the stinger isnt hard to get.  Why buy the modern one when plenty are available.  Yes, you say I don't see anything ,  but  then the hoarders.  So let all the hoarders have their stuff. 

You look at old joes and yeah they repeated figures but there was years between.  Now they release like 4 of the same character within a year.  Its jokes

On 11/3/2022 at 12:10 PM, F For Fake said:

And finally, Hasbro Pulse shipped out a large box of their own, as the Mojo World box set arrived this weekend as well. Now, I was excited about this at first, as this is PRIME X-Men to me. The stretch from around 200, then Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, plus Longshot, Art Adams covers, all of that stuff, those are MY X-Men.

When it was originally solicited, I was happy because while it's true that we had a nice Dazzler already, this head deco was pretty cool. More important were the new versions of Longshot and Mojo! Woohoo! Then, like, just months later, we find out we're getting a stand-alone deluxe Mojo figure, AND another single-carded Longshot with a new headsculpt. So, these are no longer that exciting, and are in fact already going to be a little redundant. I don't understand hasbro's thinking on these releases coming so fast on top of one another, but whatever.

Anyway, this set comes with bells and whistles that I assume the single-packs won't, and I have to say, the packaging is glorious. Very cool. Wish it was Arthur Adams artwork, but otherwise, no complaints. So, I feel like I may have overpaid, and hadn't need been in any hurry to pick this up, but having it in hand, I'm pretty happy with it. There are extra hands, knife, and blast fx for Longshot and Dazz not pictured here.

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

Does Mojo have a clear support underneath or are the little spindly legs holding him up on their own?

On 11/3/2022 at 1:21 PM, Dave2739 said:

Does Mojo have a clear support underneath or are the little spindly legs holding him up on their own?

Excellent question, because it took me a minute to figure out, myself!

He has three clear, round...nubs, I'm going to call them. Anyway, those three nubs are what you rest the weight on, and you pose the legs as you like. When I was assembling him, it took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out what the nubs were for, until I got the legs on and realized, ah yes, this is so it doesn't shatter into a million pieces!

On 11/3/2022 at 1:36 PM, F For Fake said:

Excellent question, because it took me a minute to figure out, myself!

He has three clear, round...nubs, I'm going to call them. Anyway, those three nubs are what you rest the weight on, and you pose the legs as you like. When I was assembling him, it took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out what the nubs were for, until I got the legs on and realized, ah yes, this is so it doesn't shatter into a million pieces!

Very interesting, thank you. I figured there had to be something holding up that fat boy other than the little legs.

On 11/3/2022 at 1:40 PM, Dave2739 said:

Very interesting, thank you. I figured there had to be something holding up that fat boy other than the little legs.

If I remember, I'll take another pic later so you can see it up close.

On 11/3/2022 at 1:42 PM, Dave2739 said:

I was going to ask, but I didn't want to be a pain in the  :bigsmile:

Not at all! Just a matter of my dusty old brain remembering to do it!

On 11/3/2022 at 1:42 PM, Dave2739 said:

I was going to ask, but I didn't want to be a pain in the  :bigsmile:

@Dave2739as promised, Mojo Nubs!

214F300D-5FD6-49BC-8E91-3FB38F5651B3.jpeg

3325C395-8FFB-4605-B2F4-49A54A88F3FC.jpeg

1A45DA4C-CF93-428F-88B7-E7B80A337C2A.jpeg

On 11/3/2022 at 7:56 PM, Dave2739 said:

Very effective and subtle. You can't see them at all in your previous pics. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity! 

You bet, bud, no problem! And I agree, they do a very nice job, hold him up solidly, but from most angles you’d never notice them at all.

On 11/3/2022 at 11:59 AM, F For Fake said:

Ha, that's funny, I was coming to post the same thing! My Pile of Loot from BBTS shipped, and this dude showed up this weekend. Not trying to steal your thunder, here are a few pics I took. I just had time to get him out, try on the different heads, and that's pretty much it. I was kinda iffy on the price, but honestly, he comes with 8 heads, three sets of claws, three sets of regular hands, two belts, extra buckles, claw fx, a stand, a flight stand, AND a sculptured piece, all in a snazzy metal box for $150, so really, he's a bargain.

Haven't had time to do anything fancy yet, but here's a breakdown on the heads. 

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

Lol all good no need to apologize glad to see others enjoying the same thing… I haven’t had much time to play with it but I did struggle balancing the claw fx in the claws the holes for me don’t fit snug in the claws the keeps falling off and specially when I’m trying to balance in the sentinel base… did u take that black peg out of the other base to put it on the sentinel base?

mines stuck not sure if that’s what I was suppose to do now I can’t get it out to switch to a different pose lol… might have to get some pliers…

On 11/4/2022 at 10:54 AM, Krismusic said:

Lol all good no need to apologize glad to see others enjoying the same thing… I haven’t had much time to play with it but I did struggle balancing the claw fx in the claws the holes for me don’t fit snug in the claws the keeps falling off and specially when I’m trying to balance in the sentinel base… did u take that black peg out of the other base to put it on the sentinel base?

mines stuck not sure if that’s what I was suppose to do now I can’t get it out to switch to a different pose lol… might have to get some pliers…

I only had a few minutes to futz around with it myself! Ok good, I’m glad I’m not the only one having trouble with the fx pieces. I also had a heck of a time getting the claws to stick, and even then it wasn’t a very “cool” pose. So I’m not sure if it’s kinda shoddy, or if I just need to work with it a bit more.

And you’re also not alone on the stand peg issue! I’ve had the same problem with every Mezco stand I’ve ever owned, they are a huge pain to get that big peg out. I gave up at the time, will try again this weekend. For the pic he was just briefly balanced on the Sentinel stand.