• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2022 at 5:52 AM, F For Fake said:

This crazy thing showed up this weekend. I ordered this from Pulse well over a year ago, can't believe it's finally here. As an adult, this is pretty, pretty cool. But if I'd had it when I was 11-12? Man, it would have been the BEST THING EVER.

It takes size C batteries, which, as you may guess, I don't happen to have on hand. So, I haven't been able to test out the ammo counter yet, but otherwise, man, what a great toy. Nice weight, you can eject and slap in the ammo clip, it has the under firing grenade launcher, and all in all is just a super presentation. I expect we'll be seeing a lot of folks customize these into screen accurate versions, but I kinda dig the funky toy colors, which are reminiscent of the power loader. Packaging is also top notch, lovely display piece.

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

I put AA batteries in mine, but made sure the batteries could not move around.  

The price dropped to $94.99 on GameStop.

The shooting mechanism is okay, but not great for safety reasons. 

I thought I was getting this.  There are four 40mm grenade launchers on the table.

346EC140-FC2A-43EF-B405-F56CAF056C2B.thumb.jpeg.4f9301b7cbd467024509da04b2166a39.jpeg

That guy above need to learn proper range safety and how to set up his rifle properly!

I see 4 things already wrong with that guy on range that he needs more training.

Edited by whisp

On 11/8/2022 at 4:27 PM, ak47po said:

Is this find to good to be true? Or are these fake?

Could it be real?  Yes. 

Would I trust it?  Probably not. 

Would I aggressively pursue it to find out?   El Yes. 

Though not of the 12 back variety, I still run across the occasional mailer box of sealed figures. 

Not long ago, I met a guy with a mailer box full of a few vintage Star Wars characters (meaning multiples of characters like in this video).  

He also had a mailer box full of 1988 vintage TMNT.   I got some killer examples from that box.   How much each?   $25.   How much each for the Star Wars?  $15. 

I think it's often forgotten that a ton of collecting occurred by people from the 90s thru this pre-craze (myself included).   And those prices were reasonable.  So if focused on a certain character or toyline, you could amass quite a collection.  Frankly, so many social media posters weren't collecting during that period so they understandably don't have that historical background.

On a side note, I struggled paying attention to the guy in the video.  

Patrick

On 11/4/2022 at 8:16 PM, F For Fake said:
On 11/4/2022 at 10:54 AM, Krismusic said:

Lol all good no need to apologize glad to see others enjoying the same thing… I haven’t had much time to play with it but I did struggle balancing the claw fx in the claws the holes for me don’t fit snug in the claws the keeps falling off and specially when I’m trying to balance in the sentinel base… did u take that black peg out of the other base to put it on the sentinel base?

mines stuck not sure if that’s what I was suppose to do now I can’t get it out to switch to a different pose lol… might have to get some pliers…

I only had a few minutes to futz around with it myself! Ok good, I’m glad I’m not the only one having trouble with the fx pieces. I also had a heck of a time getting the claws to stick, and even then it wasn’t a very “cool” pose. So I’m not sure if it’s kinda shoddy, or if I just need to work with it a bit more.

And you’re also not alone on the stand peg issue! I’ve had the same problem with every Mezco stand I’ve ever owned, they are a huge pain to get that big peg out. I gave up at the time, will try again this weekend. For the pic he was just briefly balanced on the Sentinel stand.

I've had this new Mezco Wolverine for a while.  I really don't like the look of mostly-cloth uniforms on twelfth-scale figures.  I could tell that from the promo shots, and yep, they look as awkward in person as they do in pics.  I pulled the trigger anyway due to the awesome base and ridiculous amount of accessories and am not at all dissatisfied with the purchase, but I still place him well below the Legends and Mafex versions of tiger stripe Logan.

My only gripe with the base is the head and hand are really in the 1:18 scale.  They're about as big as the 1:18 scale Marvel Universe Sentinel head and hand, and about half the size of the Haslab Sentinel head and hands.  Still like it though, and certainly there were much smaller versions of Sentinels in the 1960s comics that the smaller size is consistent with so it's not hard to mentally explain the scale away for a display.

On 11/3/2022 at 12:10 PM, F For Fake said:

And finally, Hasbro Pulse shipped out a large box of their own, as the Mojo World box set arrived this weekend as well. Now, I was excited about this at first, as this is PRIME X-Men to me. The stretch from around 200, then Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, plus Longshot, Art Adams covers, all of that stuff, those are MY X-Men.

When it was originally solicited, I was happy because while it's true that we had a nice Dazzler already, this head deco was pretty cool. More important were the new versions of Longshot and Mojo! Woohoo! Then, like, just months later, we find out we're getting a stand-alone deluxe Mojo figure, AND another single-carded Longshot with a new headsculpt. So, these are no longer that exciting, and are in fact already going to be a little redundant. I don't understand hasbro's thinking on these releases coming so fast on top of one another, but whatever.

Anyway, this set comes with bells and whistles that I assume the single-packs won't, and I have to say, the packaging is glorious. Very cool. Wish it was Arthur Adams artwork, but otherwise, no complaints. So, I feel like I may have overpaid, and hadn't need been in any hurry to pick this up, but having it in hand, I'm pretty happy with it. There are extra hands, knife, and blast fx for Longshot and Dazz not pictured here.

I got my box set last week and love it.

I almost cancelled it since they're surprisingly releasing a single-carded Longshot and they already released a single-box Mojo at retail separately from this box set, but I stuck with the set due to the superior paint job on the box set version and the upgrades to the Dazzler figure relative to the previous retro-carded Dazzler with a jacket and shorter hair.  Nice set, and Mojo is quite awesome.

If the $132 price tag on the box set scares anyone away then definitely hop on the single release Mojo at $56.  It's even much less than that this week if you buy it at Target who has a 25% off on one toy promotion along with a buy $40 get a $10 gift card promotion.  Not completely sure everyone gets that; it may be customer-specific because some of Target's sales are.

In a nice bit of serendipity my Black Adam figures arrived the day after I saw the film, but I've just got around to opening the parcel today. I got the regular Dr Fate, Hawkman, Cyclone, regular Atom Smasher, and the deluxe oversized Atom Smasher. Also in the shipment were Transformers Leader Sludge, and Core Ratchet (love the smaller scale, he's just a bit big for me, though still a nice figure).

Edit: I also got the McFarlane Speeding Bullets Superman/Batman hybrid Batman. I know nothing about it other than it looked cool. 

Edited by Cat

On 11/10/2022 at 4:53 PM, B2D327 said:

(thumbsu Awesome! Been wanting to add that one to the collection 

Yeah, at that price I couldn’t pass him up!

Anyone bought or used MOC Masters items (like protective cases for MOCs)? 

Thoughts? 

I finally secured a few, but I'm so-so on them. 

They don't seem to have a good clear view to the item.  Almost a bit too hazy.   

For protection, they do seem to work well.  

On a side note: Mine are for vintage MOC TMNT and vintage MOC MOTU. 

Patrick

On 11/7/2022 at 7:28 AM, BitterOldMan said:

I put AA batteries in mine, but made sure the batteries could not move around.  

The price dropped to $94.99 on GameStop.

The shooting mechanism is okay, but not great for safety reasons. 

I thought I was getting this.  There are four 40mm grenade launchers on the table.

346EC140-FC2A-43EF-B405-F56CAF056C2B.thumb.jpeg.4f9301b7cbd467024509da04b2166a39.jpeg

Sweet, do they shoot flares? I think Spikes Tactical sells these.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:03 PM, B2D327 said:

Gotta love that Amazon one day shipping

7DCE4724-FCD6-40C0-B3C9-BB568454BDC5.jpeg

Yup, mine is waiting on my doorstep when I get off work!

And speaking of Joe Classified, another good coupon at Amazon today: $9.19 off of Croc Master, made him $29.40 shipped. Not bad!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HN3ST2Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1