• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modern ASM #667 variant sells for $9K

429 posts in this topic

The Del'otto is probably the rarest, in number continuity, ASM variant and it was a fluke that the production numbers were so low.

You have absolutely no proof of that.

This hobby has had plenty of 'short printed books' that turned out to be NOT short printed.

Care to tell us who you spoke with to determine the print run of 225? That is a rather specific (and weird) number.

It's a fabrication to manipulate it's 'rarity'. He has ZERO proof of anything relating to it's production run or 'damages'.

Then again he also believes you can make a guesstimation of books print run based upon CGC census numbers. lol

I believe that despite what Jaydog claims that there is a warehouse out there with a few cases full of them.

lol Well that would be miraculous since there was only one case pack of 225 produced (of which many were rumoured to have been damaged during distribution). (thumbs u

-J.

where did you hear this?

I believe that despite what Jaydog claims that there is a warehouse out there with a few cases full of them.

lol Well that would be miraculous since there was only one case pack of 225 produced (of which many were rumoured to have been damaged during distribution). (thumbs u

-J.

where did you hear this?

A boardie who is a Diamond account holder was kind of enough to make some inquiries at the distributor's and shared the info, confirming what has been speculated for quite some time.

I don't know why chuckgower is acting so flabbergasted, when he knows that 225 is a fairly standard case pack print size for Marvel (well it was back then at least).

-J.

-J.

where did you hear this?

It's a fabrication to manipulate it's 'rarity'. He has ZERO proof of anything relating to it's production run or 'damages'.

-J.

where did you hear this?

A boardie who is a Diamond account holder was kind of enough to make some inquiries at the distributor's and shared the info, confirming what has been speculated for quite some time.

-J.

In other words, you have absolutely no proof of this.

-J.

where did you hear this?

-J.

The mysterious boardie strikes again

-J.

where did you hear this?

-J.

I don't need to "prove" anything to you. We aren't in a court of law and I have no reason to lie (and neither did he). But you know that 225 is (or was) a standard case pack size back then so I don't know why you're acting so dumbfounded.

-J.

-J.

where did you hear this?

-J.

It doesn't matter WHO the boardie is, he can't PROVE that Diamond made any such statement. I've made the same inquiry and Diamond has no idea what I'm talking about.

-J.

where did you hear this?

-J.

It doesn't matter WHO the boardie is, he can't PROVE that Diamond made any such statement. I've made the same inquiry and Diamond has no idea what I'm talking about.

Obviously you just don't know the right people. (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

where did you hear this?

-J.

-J.

Because knowing the right people gets you banned and a custom title

-J.

where did you hear this?

-J.

I don't need to "prove" anything to you. We aren't in a court of law and I have no reason to lie (and neither did he). But you know that 225 is (or was) a standard case pack size back then so I don't know why you're acting so dumbfounded.

-J.

1:25, 1;50, 1:100 has nothing to do with print run. Marvel and DC, heck all publishers print however many copies of any comic they chose to. Doesn't matter what the case pick is.

That's why Diamond has multiple variant sales every year to sell off the extra copies of variants that were over printed. That's why at SDCC every year they give us 1:100's and 1:50 sketch covers as a part of our retailer incentive packs...FIVE HUNDRED PLUS (500+) EXTRA copies of 1:100 books that go out to us MONTHS after they were printed....

-J.

where did you hear this?

-J.

-J.

I know the right people, that number is not right.

Again... I repeat my sentiment.

Well I hope it sells for ya. Better than old sneakers by far ;)

Sneakers still have not sold since last summer.

However, I have been selling a lot of plastic crack. I raised the prices by 10% - 30% more on eBay and have been shipping a bunch of things out.

I also DID indeed list my one lone ASM variant for a price that is 333% of current GPA and it already has one watcher. :whee:

-J.

where did you hear this?

-J.

-J.

Because knowing the right people gets you banned and a custom title

In other words, you have absolutely no proof of what you're claiming.