• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

To me the most impressive thing on display was the OA to the cover of Pep 30.  It looked as fresh and clean and bright as it would if it was a modern tribute piece done last week. Perhaps it was professionally cleaned at some point, but it's just stunning. 

IMG_0439.jpg

Edited by Sqeggs

Berk was gracious in greeting and chatting with everyone who came by.  Had some interesting back stories about many of the OA pieces.  I asked him if had held on to anything, and he said he had consigned 99.9% of his collection, but did hang on to some OA and some comics.  

1 minute ago, Enucleator said:

The Wonder 2 is the Allentown copy. And you're correct, the Pep 30 cover was absolutely amazing!

Thanks for the correction.  I wasn't on top of which books are peds. 

28 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

A none-too-clear pic...

IMG_0412.jpg

Harley always has the best books :cloud9:

8 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I asked him if had held on to anything, and he said he had consigned 99.9% of his collection, but did hang on to some OA and some comics.  

Any idea if these would be some of the Fox books, especially since the CGC Census Population Report is still indicating only low or mid grades as being the highest graded copies for some of these issues, which does not line up with Chuck's MH catalogue?  hm

39 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks for the pics Tony! Amazing stuff. 

+1

Yes, indeed! 

Allows the poor out-of-money boardies like me some feeling of being there in spirit, even though we are not physically there in reality.  (thumbsu

25 minutes ago, Enucleator said:

No worries!  Another highlight for me was the Church Fantastic 1. Due to the case lighting, it was impossible to get a good pic, but it's an incredible 9.8!

I still remember seeing the Larson 9.4 copy of Fantastic 1 when it was still raw and it absolutely blew me away with its depth of colours.  :cloud9:

So, I can't even imagine what a 9.8 graded copy would look like in real life.  :cloud9:  :cloud9:

56 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Apart from the Berk books, Metro didn't have that much on display.

IMG_0417.jpg

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

IMG_0416.jpg

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that.........the 'Tec 1 and More Fun 73 looks pretty nice and is that a Conserved or Universal 5.0 graded copy of Detective 27? 

No sighting of either 'Tec 29 or 'Tec 38 from the upcoming CC Auction since they both seem to present much nicer than their assigned CGC 3.0 grades?  hm