• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Church, I think ... but Junkdrawer or ComicJack can correct me on that.

I stand corrected it was the Allentown

Edited by comicjack

What a wonderful show! These were my favorites. I don't have the history that many of you seem to have with Jon Berk but it was really spectacular to see these beautiful books. I made sure to bring my kids to see works of art that they don't often see. 

Action 7#.jpg

Wonderworld.jpg

Detective 1.jpg

21 minutes ago, comicjack said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Church, I think ... but Junkdrawer or ComicJack can correct me on that.

I stand corrected it was the Allentown

Well, all I can say is that you juat can't go wrong with either a Church or an Allentown book.  :headbang:

6 minutes ago, Manray said:

What a wonderful show! These were my favorites. I don't have the history that many of you seem to have with Jon Berk but it was really spectacular to see these beautiful books. I made sure to bring my kids to see works of art that they don't often see. 

Wonderworld.jpg

Is it the just lighting or the angle of the camera, or is there a slight dust shadow on the edge of this Wonderworld 3?

Nevertheless, still an absolutely stunning copy of this key Fox book and now sharing the top spot on the CGC census with the Allentown copy of this issue.  (thumbsu

The exhibit was set up in the reception area and one other small room.  Given the crowd and the lighting it was very hard to get decent pictures of the books.

Berkfest1.jpg

Berkfest2.jpg

Berkfest3.jpg

Berkfest4.jpg

Berkfest5.jpg

Berkfest6.jpg

Berkfest7.jpg

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

IMG_0432.jpg

My, this is exactly how I arrange them, too ... hm (:

(worship) Thanks for all the pics, they are great!! This thread just made my Sunday morning breakfast (sunny weather, blue sky). :cloud9:

7 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

"I never had a 10 but I had five 2s.

- G. Carlin 

True enough ... hm

Once got a Gerber 11 (foreign item) - same instant it vanished and turned into a 10 :cry: :idea:

8 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

A none-too-clear pic...

IMG_0412.jpg

Harley always has the best books :cloud9:

He does manage to fly the flag where all the troops can see and rally to it. :)

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

To me the most impressive thing on display was the OA to the cover of Pep 30.  It looked as fresh and clean and bright as it would if it was a modern tribute piece done last week. Perhaps it was professionally cleaned at some point, but it's just stunning. 

IMG_0439.jpg

Thanks so much Tony for sharing all the awesome pics what a joyous morning it has been browsing this awesomeness!!!! Just WOW. This one caught my eye right off the bat as well!!

It was an uncanny and unbelievable experience. Jon Berk is such a warm and friendly person, and was happy talking to anyone and everyone. 

I also got to meet and spend some time with Junkdrawer, Squeggs, and ComicJack, all wonderful people and Gentlemen Scholars. 

I'll post a few additional photos soon. Here's one that needs no introduction. 

IMG_1606.JPG