• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Is it true that the Church Planet run was destroyed in the Challenger disaster, or were they on the Malaysian Airline flight that disappeared over the Indian Ocean?

Neither, DB Cooper had them. Books were saved.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:
4 hours ago, adamstrange said:

4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Has this been answered? I heard that these were destroying when the World Trade Towers went down 9/11

He has most of the run of Wonderworlds.  They've already shared scans of the 3 and 7.

Don't see any scans for the Church Wonderworld 3, although I do see the ones for the Church copies of Wonderworld 7 and the Mystery Men 1 which you may have actually been thinking about.  :cloud9:

Okay, my bad......I just found the scan of the Church Wonderworld 3 CGC 9.4 in the Scoop article that was sent out last Friday:  (thumbsu

http://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1014?ArticleID=191226

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Is it true that the Church Planet run was destroyed in the Challenger disaster, or were they on the Malaysian Airline flight that disappeared over the Indian Ocean?

Is it wrong that I laughed at this? Hard! 

16 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

My humble question about hoarding multiple copies of a comic book... ... only now I realize I'm guilty of the same hoarding tendency!! Here is my Mr. Potato Head "in box" collection, all 30 of them. As you can see, most of them are graded, with highest-graded 9.8 in the center (only copy at 9.8 in the census), plus a few restored, and one NG which I'm hoping to upgrade soon! ;)(:

mr_potato_head_many2_150_5q_zpsk7u3snaf.

Very cool! I've had countless versions of those over the years!

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

I heard from a secret source that the San Francisco pedigree Nedor's all vanished during the Chernobyl meltdown!

Seriously, I heard that a large group of the SF copies were burned up in the Oakland fire many years ago.  Supposedly owned by an Aisian collector. Anybody ever hear of this? Could this be where the Nedors went?

12 minutes ago, Sagii said:

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Is it wrong that I laughed at this? Hard! 

I can't believe how hard I laughed when I saw this post. :tonofbricks:

On 2/26/2017 at 5:35 PM, tth2 said:

Might deter bidding by the Anti-Metropolis crowd.  I say "might" because we know what often happens to long-held moral principles when the right book comes along.

One potential advantage of not bidding in this auction is that other collectors may be willing to release books that they otherwise may not have considered selling in order to fill their war chests for the upcoming event - at least that's what I'm hoping! 

:flipbait:

Hopefully some other "fresh" books will get sold off so people do have money to blow on the high end.  I'd just like to see some new  gold stuff on ebay  I keep seeing the same books over and over again  Stuff I like was everywhere 10 years ago when I sold out and got out of it  Now I got the itch and its all dried up

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

:signfunny:

but just because it is true :sumo:

On 2/26/2017 at 5:35 PM, tth2 said:

Might deter bidding by the Anti-Metropolis crowd.  I say "might" because we know what often happens to long-held moral principles when the right book comes along.

Speaking from a competition point of view, I guess the CGC Mods must be really happy that Jon decided to go with their company for having his collection graded.  :whee:

Otherwise, they would be busy here all day deleting threads and handing out strikes as boardies continue talking about this generational collection here.  (tsk)  lol

Edited by lou_fine

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Speaking from a competition point of view, I guess the CGC Mods must be really happy that Jon decided to go with their company for having his collection graded.  :whee:

Otherwise, they would be busy here all day deleting threads and handing out strikes as boardies continue talking about this generational collection here.  (tsk)  lol

Certainly these boards,amongst other reasons, will make my grading company decision simple when I start to get books graded. 

23 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Has there been a description of the notable OA in the collection, other than the Planet 1 cover? 

I posted a link to his CAF gallery so folks can get an idea of what will likely show up.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=2254

Hello Comicbook Fans,

We can’t wait to see everyone Saturday night right after the NYCBM show!

Mr. Jon Berk will be making an appearance here at Metropolis Gallery to christen his collection into the marketplace. It will be a memorable evening filled with friends, wine, hors d'oeuvres, reminiscing, discussions about comic art, and of course comicbooks.

The opening will be this Saturday, March 11th from 7pm-10pm with complimentary hors d'oeuvres and beverages at Metropolis Gallery, 36 w. 37th St., 6th Floor, New York, NY 10018.  After the opening, the gallery will reamin open to the public Tues–Fri, 11:00am – 5:00pm until June 2nd.

The gallery is open to all, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-229-6387.

Cheers,

Metropolis Collectibles, Inc.

& ComicConnect, Corp.

36 W 37 ST, Fl. 6

New York, NY 10018

On 2017-02-28 at 10:57 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 2017-02-28 at 10:47 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

K, here goes nothing...... what's the big deal with Fantastic 3?

It is the best book in Billy Parker's collection.

lol