• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Fun fact:  Barks did the layout for this cover and Fine finished it. 

I did not know that, but that's very cool, since I'm a big fan of both!

JB!!!!! I remember when you quoted me so humbly in a thread I started about Romana P. after being blessed with a second little girl and i was over the moon just to be quoted by a Legend of the Hobby!! 

I didn't get a catalogue but have heard so many great things about it!! I had and still have plans of putting up a WTB for one and will be paying handsomely for the keepsake but was going to wait until after the auction!! Can't wait to read it :wishluck:

3 minutes ago, tth2 said:
7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Fun fact:  Barks did the layout for this cover and Fine finished it. 

I did not know that, but that's very cool, since I'm a big fan of both!

It's possible I was misinformed.  :sorry:

19 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Extended bidding may have finally worked in my favor for once -- while everyone was duking it out over the Planets, I tiptoed away with this bad boy.   :banana:

2vmebus.jpg

SOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Ok, it is time for Planet Comics talk.

Any of my board homies win anything?

The prices went crazy!

I was hoping to get the CGC 3.5 restored #5 but it went higher than the 6.0 restored, and nearly as high as the CGC blue label 4.0

The 5.5 Larson copy of #6 intrigues me, makes me wonder what my 6.5 Nic cage copy might sell for.

14 I expected a big price, same as the 15.

The 18 surprised me, I guess the weird coloration copies are rather valuable as $2900 is double what I paid for my blue label CGC 6.0

I was targeting the #3 resto but it went to $900 + . I wanted to spend $700 max on that one

Edited by Mijael.Levy

3 hours ago, jbcomicbox said:
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:38 AM, G.A.tor said:

JB, since you have visited this thread at least once, let me just THANK you for making your wonderful collection available ...

I've picked up a few cool books and plan to pick up more....all made possible by you...

thanks!

Hi folks   I really appreciate the kind thoughts expressed on the boards to me.   Been reading your  posts for weeks and weeks  Just sitting on the side watching the proceedings. Hope you can understand why I have  had a low profile.  Been a mind boggling couple of months for me.

Not fair when "Lou Fine" opined about my key comicbook possession as well as the reason for same.  Mysterymen 3 Larson copy.  Knowing the day would come, I secured the Church and Larson copies of this book.  Had them for years and years.....He was spot on..It enticed me to "go public".

Talk to you post auction.  

jbcomicbox

Jon, thanks for releasing your collection to the public and giving us all an equal chance to buy parts of it.

I can assure you that your Church Mystery Men 3 is in safe hands.

1 hour ago, jbcomicbox said:

okay I lied. Gotta give you a fact....  For esoteric about about Green Giant  and it relation to MPFW  read page 158 of the Auction Catalogue for some interesting trivia of these early  early books.  jb

Can someone post the page from the catalog sine SOMEONE was deemed unworthy to receive a catalog?

11 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Scoop #2 CGC VG 4.0 hammered at $4.2K :whatthe:

Or was it the buyer that was hammered?  :insane:

Weve-all-been-there....jpg