• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

The Larson Populars proved to be more, ah, popular than I had hoped, but I did manage to nab this one.

pop1.728a.jpg

Nice, I had what I thought were "highish" bids on a bunch of them, but they went higher than I expected while I was not watching. I love the ones with Supermind . I think they invented the GPS;)

Edited by skypinkblu

6 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Indeed. Sorry to have bumped you  but this book certainly doesn't  come along every day. I also felt it was fairly priced  

IMG_0011.JPG

4 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Well I'm glad a boardie got it! Congrats! ?

Ha! When you mentioned Planet 1 a few pages back, I thought you were talking about the OA cover page of Planet 1, and then thought, WOW Thoth is ON IT!

But no doubt, this is a GREAT looking copy of the cover! Wonderful pickup.

I might have missed it -- did a boardie get the OA Planet 1 cover page?

14 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

Scoop #2 CGC VG 4.0 hammered at $4.2K :whatthe:

I snagged the 3.0 off clink a few weeks ago, I was torn between the clink book or the berk copy. VERY glad i went with there clink book. It presents all most as well and has better PQ. 

14 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Or was it the buyer that was hammered?  :insane:

Weve-all-been-there....jpg

Not going to lie I probably would have went about that high if the clink book didn't show up. My max bid was 1k past the hammer. 

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Nice wins!

I was just browsing...and I was wondering when CGC changed the labels, or did they ? I thought the top line on conserved books used to be purple?  This hit me, because I won something that was conserved, and I hadn't really noticed until I read the description again. I would have bid anyway, so I'm not upset, but I'm curious.

sup2.722a.jpg

I think it's because the purple has become such a stigma, just as the word 'restored' has been increasingly  pejorative. It's really just a matter of presentation and semantics.

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Two real nice pickups here.  (thumbsu

Should be pointed out to you, however, that your wallet wouldn't have gotten off so lightly if my attention hadn't been distracted with all of those Star Comics which were still being extended as these Star Rangers and the Star Ranger Funnies hit the countdown clock. 

Note to self:  Must learn to be more efficient going forward by opening and being able to jump through windows more quickly.  lol

Lou I have to confess that I was not familiar with these 2 books (The Star Ranger series) prior to the Berk auctions.  Once I saw them I became enamored with them.  I knew I did not have a chance at the run; so picked the 2 that resonated most with me.

It looks like I got lucky; because I was running on fumes at the point the hammer hit.

14 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

This has to be one of my favorites still around.  What a freakin cover!  Really does it for me.  

Ditto.   Out of all of JOn's fox books its the one I'd choose after fantastic 3 (f3 being impossible to ignore due to value).   If it wasn't for the value discrepancy I'd take this one first.

Edited by Bronty

14 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Ditto.   Out of all of JOn's fox books its the one I'd choose after fantastic 3 (f3 being impossible to ignore due to value).   If it wasn't for the value discrepancy I'd take this one first.

Completely agree.