• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Had to "go big" on one of my favorite Super-Mystery Covers... Today's bidding was tough!

sup13.233a.jpg

I think that was cheap. Great pickup. I have a 6.0 or I would have pushed it another $500 at least. 

Sometimes it amazes me just how much money is available in this hobby on a given day....... things have come a long way from the early 70's when you had maybe a few conventions a year in your region. I hope someone cool wins the Wonderworld 8 ..... possibly my favorite Fox cover. Jon just had so much of the "right" stuff.... I see a lot of books that probably won't see the light of day for another 40 years. I got one book so far and have my fingers crossed for possibly one more ........... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

25 minutes ago, october said:

I think that was cheap. Great pickup. I have a 6.0 or I would have pushed it another $500 at least. 

I had to pick between this one or the Roller Coaster Orange cover. It was a very tough decision I wanted both. I am over the moon with this one. Glad you didn't put the screws on any further!

1 minute ago, bounty_coder said:

I had to pick between this one or the Roller Coaster Orange cover. It was a very tough decision I wanted both. I am over the moon with this one. Glad you didn't put the screws on any further!

I just bought a VF/NM copy of the Roller Coaster, or that would have gone higher too. Great series. 

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

First Lady in Red  I think I need to make a visit to Comics An:banana:onymous about now;)

:applause:

And the Thrilling #7 5.5 finishes at $3400. WOW. :o I'm going to go tuck my copy in and kiss it goodnight.

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

:applause:

And the Thrilling #7 5.5 finishes at $3400. WOW. :o I'm going to go tuck my copy in and kiss it goodnight.

I should have kept the brittle copy I sold on eBay, lol.

Such great books, too much, it's overwhelming ...

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I should have kept the brittle copy I sold on eBay, lol.

Maybe that's my copy!  lol  It has slightly brittle corners. It was an ebay purchase, but not from you.

Just now, Point Five said:

Maybe that's my copy!  lol  It has slightly brittle corners. It was an ebay purchase, but not from you.

I think all the pages were split, it was a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I sold it for something like $150.

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I think all the pages were split, it was a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I sold it for something like $150.

Oh yep, not mine.

Great pickup, Ed!

I legit dunno how translatable these prices are given there is no public record of the sales... BUT I'm sure the auction has increased awareness in a huge swath of comics, and more widespread interest can lead to higher prices.

Edited by exitmusicblue

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Billiards and Motor Cycles, great combo

(do you have a black leather jacket collection:)?

No, but I probably should :grin:

I keep searching for a comic book that has both a motorcycle and something billiards-related on the same cover, but that combo remains elusive. lol

4 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

I legit dunno how translatable these prices are given there is no public record of the sales... BUT I'm sure the auction has increased awareness in a huge swath of comics, and more widespread interest can lead to higher prices.

I gave up and started guessing

10 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

The Larson Populars proved to be more, ah, popular than I had hoped, but I did manage to nab this one.

pop1.728a.jpg

Nice one.  I so wanted to take a shot at those.  Congrats on a beauty.

35 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Sometimes it amazes me just how much money is available in this hobby on a given day....... things have come a long way from the early 70's when you had maybe a few conventions a year in your region. I hope someone cool wins the Wonderworld 8 ..... possibly my favorite Fox cover. Jon just had so much of the "right" stuff.... I see a lot of books that probably won't see the light of day for another 40 years. I got one book so far and have my fingers crossed for possibly one more ........... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Wonderworld 8 is my favorite as well...I set a 25K max, and I have now been outbid and out of the running for it...

c'est la vie...