• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

There've been a lot of auctions where I expect to "just be watching" and then I have to make sure that I get to the credit card statement before my wife sees it. :)

34 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Try money orders instead!! She never need know. :wishluck:

20 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Been there, done that

hahahahaha!!! i like your styles!!

8 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Am I the only one aching inside to see the list of material they will be offering?

I am interested, but I also feel the prices will be astronomical so I have low expectations of getting anything.

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

I am interested, but I also feel the prices will be astronomical so I have low expectations of getting anything.

There is one particular book Jon had that I am praying is going to be part of the auction.  If it is there, IT WILL BE MINE.  :devil:

Just now, batman_fan said:

There is one particular book Jon had that I am praying is going to be part of the auction.  If it is there, IT WILL BE MINE.  :devil:

Good luck to you. I hope you get it. I have an interest in some of the Planet Comics original art pages but I believe I will get blown away in the bidding.

I'm probably in a small group, but the Spring auction before the Berk one has some really TOUGH material in it. I know it won't match the Berk auction in scope, condition/pedigrees, but it's no understatement that it's a notable auction in it's own right. One book i MUST have. MUST. :jaws:

Hoping a lot of you are holding back for Berk :devil:

If not, obtaining it MAY result in me having to sit out Berk's books  :frown:

11 minutes ago, sagii said:

I'm probably in a small group, but the Spring auction before the Berk one has some really TOUGH material in it. I know it won't match the Berk auction in scope, condition/pedigrees, but it's no understatement that it's a notable auction in it's own right. One book i MUST have. MUST. :jaws:

100% agree. First auction will have more attainable books.  I mean there are complete Fox Title runs in it. Exciting.  

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
4 hours ago, sagii said:

100% agree. First auction will have more attainable books.  I mean there are complete Fox Title runs in it. Exciting.  

+1

Yes, and probably one of the main reasons why all of the hype won't really be focused on the Berk auction until this upcoming CC auction scheduled to start next Monday is done and out of the way. 

Will definitely be interested in how some of these Fox books do in terms of whether bidders will be going all out or leave some of the powder dry for the Fox books expected to come out from the Berk Auction.  hm

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

Yes, and probably one of the main reasons why all of the hype won't really be focused on the Berk auction until this upcoming CC auction scheduled to start next Monday is done and out of the way. 

Will definitely be interested in how some of these Fox books do in terms of whether bidders will be going all out or leave some of the powder dry for the Fox books expected to come out from the Berk Auction.  hm

One(s) for the ages Lou. 

25 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Go big or go home as an opportunity to procure certain issues will be few and far between 

After 12 years of participating on the GOLD forums, I feel my time has come to 'Go big' with this auction.

Patiently, awaiting the posting of items in the collection.

11 hours ago, batman_fan said:

if i don't end up with a couple church foxes, it won't be for a lack of trying.  VIGOROUS trying.

Edited by Straw-Man

17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Berked:  The situation where one enters an auction solvent and exits having to move to a different state to avoid creditors.  As in:  "I got royally Berked, but the Foxes are mine now!"

LoL!

"Hey how are you doing?"

"I got Berked!"

8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Berked:  The situation where one enters an auction solvent and exits having to move to a different state to avoid creditors.  As in:  "I got royally Berked, but the Foxes are mine now!"

7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

call webster; you're on to something.

lol

Or at least maybe "Berked" can be included in the glossary section in the upcoming Overstreet Guide...