• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

It all depends on what you are seriously chasing.  If I were seriously going after the Church Fantastic 3, I would want something in the $150k to $200k.  If I was going after some of the pre hero More Funs, probably $5k to $10k would be good.

Thanks! No fantastic 3 for me that's for sure.....:sorry:

Jon is going to make life changing money on this collection. Most books will sell for very good prices. Some will sell for stupid money. No matter what they go for, he will make a substantial profit on his initial envestment on every piece. He bought most of them back when prices were a joke by today's prices. I don't peg him for a guy that had that in mind when he bought them. He has always been a true fan and credit to our hobby. I wish him all the best and hope he drains all our wallets dry!

27 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I definitely plan to be at the ready as soon as this auction opens up so I can have the high bid on many of these items for a few minutes :banana:

if you are just bidding to say you bid on the items, does that drive up the price of the item by showing artificial real buyer interest .....why do this?

7 minutes ago, piper said:
9 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

It all depends on what you are seriously chasing.  If I were seriously going after the Church Fantastic 3, I would want something in the $150k to $200k.  If I was going after some of the pre hero More Funs, probably $5k to $10k would be good.

Well outside my comfort zone, that's for sure.  Where are the extensively restored books? 

Well, anyone of the 3 books on top in the picture below should take care of your needs then:   :flipbait:   lol

On 3/11/2017 at 7:38 PM, Sqeggs said:

IMG_0419.jpg

Just now, Mmehdy said:

if you are just bidding to say you bid on the items, does that drive up the price of the item by showing artificial real buyer interest .....why do this?

Mitch, you have got to be one of the most dense people I have ever encountered on a message board.   And FYI, if someone bids on an item and has the high bid, they win.  If they bid and someone outbids them, they lose (sort of the definition of an auction).  If I place a low ball offer and get outbid, someone was willing to pay more so no, it doesn't drive up the price or show artificial "real" bidder interest.   

46 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Church fantastic 3 I suspect hits 250?

9 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I definitely would not be shock to see it hit that level.

What are the top five books in the auction by $ value.

What does the Planet 1 go for?

6 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I thought about putting a strong bid on the Fantastic 3 book, but since I have a copy and I don't want to be selfish to have a 2nd, I'll let you guys bid among each other :flipbait:

Why don't you sell me your copy and just buy that one?:whee:

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:
4 hours ago, piper said:

Well outside my comfort zone, that's for sure.  Where are the extensively restored books? 

Well, anyone of the 3 books on top in the picture below should take care of your needs then:   :flipbait:   lol

On 12/3/2017 at 4:38 AM, Sqeggs said:

IMG_0419.jpg

I believe none of those books are extensively restored, quite the contrary. A-1.

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

:facepalm: