• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I have been checking my PO Box daily hoping mine arrives today as well 

I thought CC said that you've now reached your lifetime quota of comic book purchases, thus "no soup for you!"

2 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:
22 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I have been checking my PO Box daily hoping mine arrives today as well 

I thought CC said that you've now reached your lifetime quota of comic book purchases, thus "no soup for you!"

Man, this is great news for the rest of us, if true! :wishluck:

On 5/24/2017 at 10:12 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, then my copy of the catalogue should be arriving any day now since I brought something from them in their #One Auction.  :whee:

Or has my good customer status already expired since that was back in the early 90's?  hm  :cry:

22 hours ago, Pickie said:

I called them again. They remember you well and they kindly ask you to settle that invoice now.

:baiting:

Oh drat, I knew I shouldn't have brought that up again.  doh!

Just let Fishler know that my word is still good and I'll be sure to pay off my invoice once the market catches up to the astronomical prices he was so noted for charging back in those days.  lol

On 5/11/2017 at 7:40 PM, exitmusicblue said:

Had been wondering why there were no Marvel Mysteries up !

On 5/11/2017 at 8:59 PM, G.A.tor said:

Caps,mmc,USA , all select, all winners etc seem void of runs 

On 5/11/2017 at 9:41 PM, SuperBird said:

No Superman's, really, either...

Don't believe Jon was really that much into the mainstream D.C. and Timely GA titles, except for the keys, as time went on.  :gossip:

Books like that were really left more to collectors like Ayman Hariri when he was compiling his "Easy to Buy If You Have Money" collection while Jon was busy compiling the true  "Impossible Collection".  hm (thumbsu

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

if you just got outbid, don't bother bidding any more :wishluck:

I need a Wonderworld 8 to have two 9.4s. I think I will bid now!

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

I need a Wonderworld 8 to have two 9.4s. I think I will bid now!

Technically that means you would own a Wonderworld 8 at a grade of 18.8. That would be worth a pretty penny!

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Don't believe Jon was really that much into the mainstream D.C. and Timely GA titles, except for the keys, as time went on.  :gossip:

Books like that were really left more to collectors like Ayman Hariri when he was compiling his "Easy to Buy If You Have Money" collection while Jon was busy compiling the true  "Impossible Collection".  hm (thumbsu

Jon had a complete run of Marvel Mystery among other Timelys.  They were previously sold/traded over the years as he shifted focus.

59 minutes ago, Saleen333 said:

I'm just curious how Jon accumulated such a nice collection of books and original art 

He was ruthless.

... looking forward to the reading/studies as well ...

On ‎24‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 1:52 PM, Pickie said:

Need one catalog in addition to my Gerbers. Whoever wants to sell after the show: I'd be happy to pay $100 + shipping (to Europe).

FOUND! No more offers, please. Thank you very much :smile::shy:

:martini:

Edited by Pickie

Having Berk write some of the copy certainly makes the catalog more interesting.  Being offered $10K to back out of the deal for the Planet 1 cover? Whoa! :)