• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

Fantastic #3 currently at $130K.

I'm really curious what the market will find to be more valuable--a CGC 9.4 Church copy of Fantastic 3 (way out in front of the next best copy) or a CBCS 9.2 Church copy of Suspense 3 (just one increment above the next best copy).   

9 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

There are a couple dozen that I love and could realistically win (.... and overpay ?) so I will have to do some serious thinking. They're cool about time payments, so I may need to square up on my outstandings and dip back into the debt pool again. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by Robot Man

1 minute ago, Flex Mentallo said:

It's because the Greenwich Meridian doesn't pass through the United States - which of course, you knew.

You can't fool me!  Everyone knows Greenwich is in Connecticut.  :baiting:

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

You can't fool me!  Everyone knows Greenwich is in Connecticut.  :baiting:

Two countries divided by a common language?

A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling
   by Mark Twain

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all. Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with Iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai Iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli. Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

3 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

by Mark Twain

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all. Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with Iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai Iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli. Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

hm

On 30/05/2017 at 5:29 AM, Sqeggs said:

hm

On 30/05/2017 at 5:26 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

by Mark Twain

Sownds gud. Aim in.

On 5/28/2017 at 6:03 PM, tth2 said:

Fantastic #3 currently at $130K.

I'm really curious what the market will find to be more valuable--a CGC 9.4 Church copy of Fantastic 3 (way out in front of the next best copy) or a CBCS 9.2 Church copy of Suspense 3 (just one increment above the next best copy).   

I'm kinda thinking they end up in the same range.   Maybe a slight nod to the Fantastic, maybe not, but ultimately we have to be right up against the 'classic cover but not a lot else to offer' ceiling. 

On 5/29/2017 at 2:26 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

by Mark Twain

Sownds tu kovfefe in this klimit ov shanj bai twit. :smirk: