• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Also is it acceptable to sell a brand new still in the box scanner here? I read in the rules that "comics related items" are acceptable... (shrug)
Yeah, but you have to put it up in the dustbowl known as "mixed"

I have an ethical question:

I'm putting together a sales thread where my prices will be less than what others have been listing (but not selling) some books of late.

For example, I have a run of Super-Duper Strong Guy (names changed to protect the innocent) that guide for around $15 each, but I'm going to sell them for $5. Several threads have been up recently with Super-Duper Strong Guy issues that I'm going to sell that the buyers want $15 (or more) for.

Is this a move on my part? I'm not going to point out the other sales threads -- "See, you can buy it cheaper from me!" -- but I also don't want people to get angry when I'm selling stuff for less. (And, I think, I'll actually sell the stuff and not have it sit in a sales thread.)

My feeling with selling is I'd rather get $10 now than sit on something trying to milk out $15 or $20 for months and months.

Thoughts?

I'm putting together a sales thread where my prices will be less than what others have been listing (but not selling) some books of late.

For example, I have a run of Super-Duper Strong Guy (names changed to protect the innocent) that guide for around $15 each, but I'm going to sell them for $5. Several threads have been up recently with Super-Duper Strong Guy issues that I'm going to sell that the buyers want $15 (or more) for.

Is this a move on my part? I'm not going to point out the other sales threads -- "See, you can buy it cheaper from me!" -- but I also don't want people to get angry when I'm selling stuff for less. (And, I think, I'll actually sell the stuff and not have it sit in a sales thread.)

My feeling with selling is I'd rather get $10 now than sit on something trying to milk out $15 or $20 for months and months.

Thoughts?

Not sure how others will respond. But the golden rule of life states: If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Yeah, not sure I agree with that golden rule. You would not get very far in life if you didn't ask questions.

As for OP's question: There are multiple threads with the same book(s), it's called a market. Now, if you pointed out the "competing" threads and said hey, his books are over-priced, then you'd probably be called out for being a .

Edited by KPR Comics

Thoughts?

Father Guido Sarducci explained it all in his 5 minute university lesson on Economics...

I wouldn't get angry if someone sold something for less, I might buy it if I thought it was a bargain;)

Yeah, not sure I agree with that golden rule. You would not get very far in life if you didn't ask questions.

As for OP's question: There are multiple threads with the same book(s), it's called a market. Now, if you pointed out the "competing" threads and said hey, his books are over-priced, then you'd probably be called out for being a .

:applause:

-slym

Thoughts?

Free market no different than those that presell at cons for different prices.

Thoughts?

Not sure how others will respond. But the golden rule of life states: If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Did you read what was written???

Thoughts?

I see no problem with it whatever. List books for the prices you are willing to sell them for. If you're happy and the buyer is happy, who is anyone else to complain?

Not sure which forum you are listing in, but in the G/S/B forum books that are overpriced tend to drop off the front page pretty fast, so your competition will probably be a couple of pages away by the time you list.

Thoughts?

You're not doing anything wrong. If you're looking to sell then by all means sell it to what you think it would sale fast for.

I do this all the time. When I am looking to sell, I will sell low but not to where I would lost a lot of money on it. Cash is better in your hands than not.

They are your books, price them at what you like. If you want to unload a bunch of books quickly, that should be entirely up to you.

You might even bet a " Good books :) " comment

That's all I ever want in life.

I've told my wife to say that instead of "I love you."