• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Does anyone else in here get the feeling their head is going to explode when people threadcrap in a sales thread over a seller's asking price, and the threadcrappers happen to be guys who have had asking prices on their own books in the past that would be deemed anywhere from overpriced to obscene?

The pressure of the contradiction could turn coal into diamonds.

I don't know who you're talking about but..

The pressure of the contradiction could turn coal into diamonds.

:roflmao:

They are your books, price them at what you like. If you want to unload a bunch of books quickly, that should be entirely up to you.

You might even bet a " Good books :) " comment

That's all I ever want in life.

I've told my wife to say that instead of "I love you."

lol

...and just for the record? I sent a polite PM when the sales thread went up and it's been read. :whistle:

To the guy with the way overpriced SA key? Not being critical, but honestly curious as to what kind of response you get to such PMs. He must know the book is way over GPA. I assume sellers using this tactic are just trying to win the lottery. (shrug)

...and just for the record? I sent a polite PM when the sales thread went up and it's been read. :whistle:

To the guy with the way overpriced SA key? Not being critical, but honestly curious as to what kind of response you get to such PMs. He must know the book is way over GPA. I assume sellers using this tactic are just trying to win the lottery. (shrug)

He didn't give me a response but as an outside observer I consider a sales thread like someone's booth or store front. They are free to price it at whatever they want in their own store.

You walk into a store, you don't like something, you walk out. Most people wouldn't start making comments out loud in someone else's store front. (shrug)

He may not subscribe to GPA. It's hard to tell.

Polite society dictates that such things are snickered at outside of earshot of the seller though.

I mean, his asking price is what some guys can get for a a handful of moderns that won the grade lotto and came back 9.9 or above. lol

They are your books, price them at what you like. If you want to unload a bunch of books quickly, that should be entirely up to you.

You might even bet a " Good books :) " comment

He might even get a GLWTS comment. The Academy Award of unnecessary sales threads comments.

If only politeness could make a Revival.

That would be quite a Saga.

You're setting yourself up to be the Outcast

At the very least it'll give people something to Chew on.

It feels like this is an Enormous issue lately.

It feels like this is an Enormous issue lately.

What's the story with all you Morning Glories?