• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So did Bosco and Roy get strikes or just wrist slaps?

Spill the beans.

lol

No beans to spill. I check the user list regularly for post count. They were missing.

Spill the beans.

lol

No beans to spill. I check the user list regularly for post count. They were missing.

They've been abducted?

Eloped?

Spill the beans.

lol

They've been abducted?

Eloped?

My guess is wrist slap but I don't want to stand in the way of true love.

Depends. Usually I mention that in the terms of the deal upfront. If I need it in a day I make that part of the deal. If I include nothing I would expect payment anywhere from 2 days to 7 days. 7 days is the longest to receive payment (if sent electronically) or for it to be sent out (if a check) within those 7 days.

Anything longer than week to send should probably be mentioned upfront.

Weekends, Holidays, etc. should be taken into account when figuring out the amount of time as well.

That seems fair.

The sales thread said 48 hours to receive payment. However the seller pulled the accepted offer after less than 24 hours after requesting PayPal info.

That seems unfair, and a violation.

Depends. Usually I mention that in the terms of the deal upfront. If I need it in a day I make that part of the deal. If I include nothing I would expect payment anywhere from 2 days to 7 days. 7 days is the longest to receive payment (if sent electronically) or for it to be sent out (if a check) within those 7 days.

Weekends, Holidays, etc. should be taken into account when figuring out the amount of time as well.

That seems fair.

The sales thread said 48 hours to receive payment. However the seller pulled the accepted offer after less than 24 hours after requesting PayPal info.

That would be probation worthy. He set his own terms and then violated them.

That seems fair.

That would be probation worthy. He set his own terms and then violated them.

The thought had crossed my mind....let me lay out the whole scenario tonight and then I'll solicit some opinions.

a suggestion: if you have to be asked after 10 days to send an invoice and then an additional two weeks after immediate payment there is no sign items were shipped and PM goes unread, you shouldn't run a sales thread.
I've dealt with somebody like that, And he's back again doing the same thing.

It's like he gets enough sales to fire up the bong and then comes back around when the buzz wears off? (shrug)

a suggestion: if you have to be asked after 10 days to send an invoice and then an additional two weeks after immediate payment there is no sign items were shipped and PM goes unread, you shouldn't run a sales thread.
I've dealt with somebody like that, And he's back again doing the same thing.

It's like he gets enough sales to fire up the bong and then comes back around when the buzz wears off? (shrug)

"Dave? Dave's not here man"

this is more bath salts behavior.

Why not?

Because you only live once and posting on here s unlikely to be on many bucket lists. Go outside.

Outside the general discussion thread?

Outside the Sales area?

Like...over to the Watercooler?

Why not?

Because you only live once and posting on here s unlikely to be on many bucket lists. Go outside.

Outside the Sales area?

He could get wet

Why not?

hm

You make quite a few assumptions. My life is awesome but thanks for the concern. (thumbs u

Why not?

Outside the Sales area?

He could get wet

Water doesn't mix well with the iPad. ;)