• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Putting people on the probation list is rage? Seems like it is protecting the rest of us.

The PL is more humane than a meeting in Phil's parking lot but the parking lot melee would sell more tickets.

I wonder what the over/under is on the number of posts/page this thread is by morning.

Earlier one poster threatened assault , that's some rage

Blocking people, probe list etc etc

People can have their take on it, I've worked in management positions and I can't throw people - either party under the bus - for a single infraction

Each to his own

If the seller reneged on a deal to get more money after cav bought the book for the price being asked, why wait for a second infraction to occur? Sure they could have updated personal lists and moved on, sucks for the next guy on the boards who may fall prey to this from the same seller. I personally hope the seller will get shamed into honoring his deal with Cav, or get nominated by him for the PL. FWIW I'm in management too and there are some things such as having good business ethics and values that are non-negotiable with me. If that puts me in the "pitchfork" crew, I'm cool with that.

Chill the f out people

Is that the only letter, or can we have a few more?

For you my friend

Uck

I guess I just see it differently from times when money is taken and no book arrives etc

Over and out you savage rage monkeys ;)

lol

Doc Joe - Thanks for your opinion and weighing in on the matter. No doubt, he really honked me off and my PM to him could be seen as aggressive. First thing in the AM after a long night, etc, but I do not believe any aspect of my conduct is unbecoming and hence why I posted EXACTLY what I sent him publicly. I stand by my reputation. This is about being an ethical seller and doing the right thing.

Yep, we've all had bad transactions. Every-so-often you have to stand up for what is right, or the cycle continues.

My apologies for the amount of time this is wasting for everyone. Trust me, I have zero fiscal upside in investing this much effort into a sale we can pretty safely say I am not going to get.

I have made loads of friends here and it is a safe space. So I want to defend that.

ComicCav knows that the deal is off. I made the decision not to proceed for valid reasons. As much as I would like to defend my position publicly, ComicCav has mentioned getting attorneys involved, so I can't discuss the matter in detail.

I can't think of anyone easier to deal with that you, Jimbo. Threatening to get lawyers involved is a punk move by CC.

Punk move? We don't know the story. I saw cab claim it and he won it. The guy pays fast and buys a lot. What could be a valid reason not to sell to him. Attorneys should not be involved but if we publically don't know what happened this will be figured out privately and the seller will not be getting much business from a lot of people.

So relax buddy before you call someone a punk. None of us know anything outside of what's on the thread

I think I saw $800 but can't swear to it

Yep, $800.

That's what I saw, too...which makes me curious why everyone thinks that was such a smoking deal, anyway. As soon as OP listed the book (before the take its and drama started), I glanced at GPA just for the heck of it, and saw a 2013 GPA sale for that book @ $450, and a 2012 sale on a 7.5 for $158. I thought...dang, he's pricing that pretty aggressively...he probably thought so too, until he (I guess) got a better offer :P

As a side point of curiosity...something happen in the last 3 years that would double the price of that book?

Cool cover and only three copies on the census. So maybe one of those instances where two people thought this was their chance. hm

Hard to tell from the blurry photo, but the lower left corner makes it seem that it might also be possible to press it up to a higher grade. It might be from DTA's Southern States collection, though, in which case it's probably already been pressed.

Chill the f out people

For you my friend

Uck

I guess I just see it differently from times when money is taken and no book arrives etc

lol

I am soooo tempted to change my board name to this. hm

Concav

Loved messaging with you , we like the same stuff

Hope things work out , I've been in this situation, it just ain't worth a stroke

I've done aggressive (in hindsite) On my way! , always regretted it

So hope we stay pals

Joe

Furthermore, someone privately accused me of being greedy and just wanted a book for cheap. Not sure it was "cheap" but this is not about the money. To that end, Flex please find the $300 donation I offered if I get the book, but sent now. Consider that a donation from all the fine boardies who I am lucky to call friends and thrilled to do business with.

I believe the only reason this whole thing (not the boards, our system in general) works and ever has, is that force to comply rests behind it all. That would include being compelled to keep your agreements in defined circumstances.

Edited by Dr. Love

I believe the only reason this whole thing (not the boards, our system in general) works and ever has, is that force to comply rests behind it all. That would include being compelled to keep your agreements in defined circumstances.

Sorry, as my english is faltering a bit… by "force to comply" you mean that ones feels compelled to respect, obligation to respect terms as (sorry for the pun) respect towards others. Is that right? hm

Chill the f out people

For you my friend

Uck

lol

Agreed. By the way, "savageragemonkey.com" is currently available. Best move quickly.

Furthermore, someone privately accused me of being greedy and just wanted a book for cheap. Not sure it was "cheap" but this is not about the money. To that end, Flex please find the $300 donation I offered if I get the book, but sent now. Consider that a donation from all the fine boardies who I am lucky to call friends and thrilled to do business with.

That's a ridiculous accusation, especially since you're a black hole for most of the books you buy. lol

@ Doc Joe - not everyone is outraged but some of us are curious as to what happened.

The 'if a tree falls' metaphor only works if nobody heard it. Since everyone heard this one go down, it's only fair to ask for the seller to address it.

As a dealer we all get people that commit to something and don't pay - but that's an understood part of retail. After that, I can choose who I do and don't deal with (and dealers do discuss these things among each other for our own protection).

As someone mentioned just now, the reason this place specifically works is because we all agree to uphold the same standard. :)

Now if I only had something in your league to sell to you.... :kidaround:

Chill the f out people

For you my friend

Uck

lol

Agreed. By the way, "savageragemonkey.com" is currently available. Best move quickly.

...do they fling poo ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u