• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Too late in some eyes, I'm afraid.
+1 :( I got an offer once for $1750 more than an offer I accepted 15 minutes earlier. I passed that info on to the buyer. He could have made $1750 by letting the other person have it. He chose not to. I never considered cancelling the deal. (tsk)

You may be right and I apologize if that is the case but as soon as I hear that lawyers may be involved it just boils my blood.

believe it or not, we occasionally are good for something.

if seller backed out for a bigger offer, there is no dispute here at all--seller is dead wrong.

Too late in some eyes, I'm afraid.
+1 :( I got an offer once for $1750 more than an offer I accepted 15 minutes earlier. I passed that info on to the buyer. He could have made $1750 by letting the other person have it. He chose not to. I never considered cancelling the deal. (tsk)

well of course you didn't; nor would any one of us even entertain the notion you might.

Not to get into the specific questions, but if the reasons for not selling are valid (and I can’t see why they wouldn’t, if there are reasons) it would just be fair to briefly state them.

This was a public sale, and since ComCav said he just asked a lawyer's opinion (because he wants the deal to be honored) in jimbo707's shoes I could just say I do not like a "menacing" tone but for a public sale it is just fair to explain publicly why the sale can’t be honored. :shrug:

Brock - sorry you feel that way, and if you do not wish to sell to me in the future, that is your right. No sweat. I am actually trying to cover my butt, go figure!

That’s what I was thinking… ;) Honestly, I would have found displeasing the idea of a lawyer, but I can see your frustration.

I think I saw $800 but can't swear to it

Yep, $800.

That's what I saw, too...which makes me curious why everyone thinks that was such a smoking deal, anyway. As soon as OP listed the book (before the take its and drama started), I glanced at GPA just for the heck of it, and saw a 2013 GPA sale for that book @ $450, and a 2012 sale on a 7.5 for $158. I thought...dang, he's pricing that pretty aggressively...he probably thought so too, until he (I guess) got a better offer :P

As a side point of curiosity...something happen in the last 3 years that would double the price of that book?

Edited by edowens71

Brock - sorry you feel that way, and if you do not wish to sell to me in the future, that is your right. No sweat. I am actually trying to cover my butt, go figure!

Honestly it really doesn't matter. I would sell to you Bc you're a stand up and honest guy.

Problem is: not everyone is stand up and honest

I don't know the facts of the case (and I'm no attoeney), but as bad as it sucks to miss out on a good deal, i would have to let it go. If he doesn't wanna honor the deal, then that's a classless dirtbag move and I'd block him and make it widely known what happened. This place is a small little world and word gets around fast.

I just think threatening legal action over something to small and trivial isn't a wise move. Besides, I suspect no court would hear the case AND it would cost more than the book is worth.

Call him a nasty name under your breath and move on. More good stuff to buy!

I hope the OP realizes this is not going to go away.

If he doesn’t, he will have to explain as soon as he sells publicly once again. :shrug:

He won't be doing it here if he's on the Probation list.

Yep...might as well just go ahead and move this discussion on down to the PL discussion thread...