• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I think I saw $800 but can't swear to it

Yep, $800.

That's what I saw, too...which makes me curious why everyone thinks that was such a smoking deal, anyway. As soon as OP listed the book (before the take its and drama started), I glanced at GPA just for the heck of it, and saw a 2013 GPA sale for that book @ $450, and a 2012 sale on a 7.5 for $158. I thought...dang, he's pricing that pretty aggressively...he probably thought so too, until he (I guess) got a better offer :P

As a side point of curiosity...something happen in the last 3 years that would double the price of that book?

...that's what I was thinking as well..... I mean, it's not like it's a significant book like a BA 12 or a NM 98 (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Was the 2nd higher offer by someone who knew the book had already been taken?

...likely. No reason to offer more if the book is believed to still be for sale at the original ask.... GOD BLESS...

While not the sole reason for my decision, there was something that bothered me very early on in my interaction with ComicCav. The listing stated, after the price, "+ actual shipping costs." The attached image shows the response that I received when I asked what shipping method he preferred and whether he wanted insurance.

The tone of the message made me uncomfortable. It is what started me thinking about whether I wanted to go through with the transaction with this particular board member. From what I remember, no other prospective buyer has tried to pressure me to throwing in free shipping after the fact. It wasn't about the dollar amount; the book could probably be shipped from Michigan to Illinois for $15, maybe less.

167084.jpg.b7621335c0e1e684fc60dabc814becdd.jpg

Was the 2nd higher offer by someone who knew the book had already been taken?

...likely. No reason to offer more if the book is believed to still be for sale at the original ask.... GOD BLESS...

Asking to be next in line if a deal falls through is one thing. Throwing out a higher offer to try and disrupt a previously accepted offer is a whole other thing entirely.

While not the sole reason for my decision, there was something that bothered me very early on in my interaction with ComicCav. The listing stated, after the price, "+ actual shipping costs." The attached image shows the response that I received when I asked what shipping method he preferred and whether he wanted insurance.

The tone of the message made me uncomfortable. It is what started me thinking about whether I wanted to go through with the transaction with this particular board member. From what I remember, no other prospective buyer has tried to pressure me to throwing in free shipping after the fact. It wasn't about the dollar amount; the book could probably be shipped from Michigan to Illinois for $15, maybe less.

You simply say you are not covering shipping per the listing. This isn't going to help your cause.

Jimbo_707 - weak. you then replied you WERE paying for shipping. Anyway, your check includes $15 YOU DID NOT ASK FOR. So moot point, paid for it even when you offered to provide it free of charge.

William

i am underwhelmed by this. silence would've been better.

Jimbo_707 (good Mr James Bowman) -Your check #17073 for $815.00 should be there shortly (see, including the shipping). Normally I would PM this info, but as you appeared to have turned that option off, I send it to you here. Deal honored in full, with shipping paid, even when you offered to cover it. Because my generosity knows no limits and I didn't want you to feel like even one penny was left on the table.