• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I said "if" - and seriously, LAY OFF THE WEED.

"Mayan time machines" indeed... :facepalm:

-slym

because a civilization knowing about the stars and doomsday more than 2000 years before it happens isn't as crawfish as time machines.

Get real facepalm!

I'M NOT ITALIAN. I GET IT, YOU DON'T NEED TO POST IT FOUR TIMES UGH UGH UGH

I think where people are getting confused is in your name choice. Linguini is a type of pasta and pasta is most associated with Italy so members are making the leap in logic that you are Italian.

Hmm… no, the pasta variety is called "linguine", not "linguini".

Also, I have never heard the surname "Linguini", although it seems it exists.

Not trying to thread at all Peter. But I dont see how someone can come on here to sell a big book and quote recent GPA sales but not quote the most recent sale which was just last night and is the exact book he is selling.

I have no problem with capitolism or a quick flip. but if you are gonna quote data, then quote all the data...

And then there is the question of does he even have the book in hand yet??

Edited by faster friends

Not trying to thread at all Peter. But I dont see how someone can come on here to sell a big book and quote recent GPA sales but not quote the most recent sale which was just last night and is the exact book he is selling.

I have no problem with capitolism or a quick flip. but if you are gonna quote data, then quote all the data...

And then there is the question of does he even have the book in hand yet??

No way he has the book in hand yet - I asked about that in the thread, and suggested that he update the listing accordingly to comply with the estimated shipping time guideline. ;) So far, he's ignoring that question, as well.

Also, I agree - the selective sales data reporting is even more egregious. If you don't want to report all the material data, just don't report anything. Otherwise, it's manipulative and shady.

Edited by edowens71

I don't think anyone is touching that book with a 10 foot pole. Anyone who is in the market for that book knew it was for sale last night on CC ( I was watching it myself and was surprised at the hammer price). I have no issue with a quick flip if you think you could turn a profit, but as others have stated it is a bit manipulative to mention GPA sales but to not mention that the copy sold last night for x, especially since GPA will never report the CC number and thus it won't fluctuate the GPA at all.

And what...now knowing it was Bill's book he's semi-gloating about the price he paid (without being specific, mind you) right there in the thread where he's trying to flip it? :screwy:

Just another person to put on my board mess list

lol

That's awesome! Where did he buy it so I can laugh at the markup? :D

Oh, I remember the time someone responded to a WTB thread of mine that they had a copy of the book I was looking for "on the way back from CGC" and that they wanted to hook up a fellow Boardie so they were going to sell me the book really low and break even. Really they had JUST picked up the book that day after seeing my WTB thread and offered it to me for a serious markup. They were clearly"looking out for a fellow Boardie" :cloud9:

I don't think anyone is touching that book with a 10 foot pole. Anyone who is in the market for that book knew it was for sale last night on CC ( I was watching it myself and was surprised at the hammer price). I have no issue with a quick flip if you think you could turn a profit, but as others have stated it is a bit manipulative to mention GPA sales but to not mention that the copy sold last night for x, especially since GPA will never report the CC number and thus it won't fluctuate the GPA at all.

Two things:

1. Does anyone know what the final hammer price was?

2. Why wouldn't this sale go into GPA?

Thanks,

Andy

Quoting gpa and failing to mention the price paid in comic connect the day before is disingenuous and of questionable ethics. :taptaptap:

Not taking sides, but if that's true probably every dealer in the country has been guilty of it at one time or another, if not on a daily basis.

Probably should have listed it anonymously or semi-anonymously in a different venue.

Quoting gpa and failing to mention the price paid in comic connect the day before is disingenuous and of questionable ethics. :taptaptap:

Not taking sides, but if that's true probably every dealer in the country has been guilty of it at one time or another, if not on a daily basis.

Probably should have listed it anonymously or semi-anonymously in a different venue.

I have no problem with a quick flip or marking up the price. My qualm is with quoting gpa to establish the nationally recognized value knowing full well that the accurate national value is the price of the book as sold the previous night on a large auction site. Quoting gpa in this case is deceptive.