• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I thought it was funny that someone asked him if it was paid for yet, and he talked about everything but whether it was paid for yet.

That answers it.

Of course. He wants to sell it so he can pay for it. :flamed:

Maybe I should put in an offer of 10K. That would help him out.

I thought it was funny that someone asked him if it was paid for yet, and he talked about everything but whether it was paid for yet.

That answers it.

Of course. He wants to sell it so he can pay for it. :flamed:

Maybe I should put in an offer of 10K. That would help him out.

Pick me!

tumblr_mj9aoqy0gT1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

I started to bring up this issue of payment a while back, but then I would have expected some of you folks to say something like "Well, a lot of the dealers here sell books that they are financing and therefore haven't technically paid for yet, so how is this any different than what they are doing", etc., etc... :/

I started to bring up this issue of payment a while back, but then I would have expected some of you folks to say something like "Well, a lot of the dealers here sell books that they are financing and therefore haven't technically paid for yet, so how is this any different than what they are doing", etc., etc... :/
I'm quite sure there are some here that will tell you that Jeffery Dahmer was a chef.

Maybe it was one of those "I'll bid this amount and don't expect to win at that price, but if I do then yay for me because that is a screaming bargain of a price; hey I won, that's fantastic; oh no, I won but I over-extended myself badly on it; well, that's okay I can always flip it for at least what I paid, but of course I'll start out higher than that because I can always come down a bit; I better test the waters now because I really over-extended myself; man, I'm nervous laying out this kind of cash on one book; what if my wife finds out I maxed out our emergency credit card??" type purchases.

You know, like everyone has done from time to time! (shrug)

I'm not too sure why anyone should be that upset. He bought it for $16200 and is asking $19000. Okay, so what?

It's his sales thread and people are cr@pping in it. Is that cool?

As far as the sales data that he provided, it's nice to see all of the GPA data to get a feel for the book, but some books just don't have much as far as recorded sales to really have a sense. As this is a scarcer, desirable book, I don't think his asking price is unattainable at all.

Should he have to disclose that he bought it the night before and for $16200? IMHO, absolutely not.

It's not cool that people are crapping in his sales thread.

But I do appreciate the discussion here. Seller is selling a big $$ book that he doesn't have in hand and he's selectively disclosing sales information - stating GPA info yet leaving out pertinent sales info that he's very well aware of. He's gone on my avoid list.

I may get a lot of flack for this...but isn't it the buyer's job to find out what the recent sales are of the product they are buying?

Yes the OP did give some GPA #'s...his current auction he won would not be immediately reflected in the GPA #'s...am I correct in "assuming" this?

I don't see what he did as being "wrong"...he bought a book at a good price, turns around and sells it for more. Isn't this part of being a capitalistic society?

It's ultimately the buyer's responsibility to fact check prices, etc to make sure they are getting the best deal possible. If the buyer notices a recent sale (for cheaper than what the OP listed) than wouldn't a prudent buyer take that in account when making an offer?

I see it as the OP offered a "guide" to base his sales off of. Just my opinion :whistle: !

Edited by John91C