• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'M NOT ITALIAN. I GET IT, YOU DON'T NEED TO POST IT FOUR TIMES UGH UGH UGH

I think where people are getting confused is in your name choice. Linguini is a type of pasta and pasta is most associated with Italy so members are making the leap in logic that you are Italian.

In actuality pasta was invented in China so logically members should believe that you are Chinese.

Perhaps a name change can alleviate any further confusion. Unless you are Italian, in which case the confusion doesn't lie with your name but rather the misunderstanding of pasta history.

tumblr_m7y68hwBAc1qd6c4y_zpsmvqq4tgr.gif

In actuality pasta was invented in China so logically members should believe that you are Chinese.

Actually, some foods showed up across the globe at approximately the same time more than once in history, so it is tough to call one culture over another invented any one food in many cases.

:)

-slym

This is true, but it isn't because of chance.

More so, the Mayans didn't die out. They just invented time machines and went into the future to mess with the idea of where pasta came from.

Sneaky Sneaky Mayans.

I'M NOT ITALIAN. I GET IT, YOU DON'T NEED TO POST IT FOUR TIMES UGH UGH UGH

I think where people are getting confused is in your name choice. Linguini is a type of pasta and pasta is most associated with Italy so members are making the leap in logic that you are Italian.

Perhaps a name change can alleviate any further confusion. Unless you are Italian, in which case the confusion doesn't lie with your name but rather the misunderstanding of pasta history.

This would make some sense if his name was Jimmy Pasta. Linguine did originate in Italy so no one should be assuming he is Chinese. :baiting:

Actually, some foods showed up across the globe at approximately the same time more than once in history, so it is tough to call one culture over another invented any one food in many cases.

More so, the Mayans didn't die out. They just invented time machines and went into the future to mess with the idea of where pasta came from.

Sneaky Sneaky Mayans.

Thanks for making my actual, informative post look like a bunch of wildly_fanciful_statement someone made up.

meh

-slym

Sneaky Sneaky Mayans.

Thanks for making my actual, informative post look like a bunch of wildly_fanciful_statement someone made up.

meh

-slym

The Mayan time machine conspiracy is the most factual of all conspiracy's coming out of the Mayan 2012 calendar event theory.

Why else would Two-Chain's break out hit from 2012 would be "I'm different"?!

Clearly a metaphor saying that he is a mayan coming from the past, here to screw with our history and knowledge of pasta.

Sneaky Sneaky Mayans.

meh

The Mayan time machine conspiracy is the most factual of all conspiracy's coming out of the Mayan 2012 calendar event theory.

Clearly a metaphor saying that he is a mayan coming from the past, here to screw with our history and knowledge of pasta.

The Mayan calendar didn't take into account what we called "a leap year." If the world was going to end in 2012, it would have happened 7 months earlier than December 12th.

So, that blows everything you just said up, sorry.

-slym

Sneaky Sneaky Mayans.

meh

The Mayan calendar didn't take into account what we called "a leap year." If the world was going to end in 2012, it would have happened 7 months earlier than December 12th.

So, that blows everything you just said up, sorry.

-slym

Thats actually not exactly true.

The Mayan calendar never said the world would end. It just ended at 2012. Which clearly represents how the Mayans were planning on putting political leaders in place to overthrow the future of world politics, creating a new established group of mayans with a new calendar starting after the first one ended. 2012.

Otherwise, how do you explain the fall of Gadaffi, kim jong il, and Castro, all dieing towards the end of 2011, allowing new leaders in place for 2012?

Mayan time machines - thats how.