• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
17 17

3,170 posts in this topic

A lot of grumbling dealers today. Lots of talk about the sliding prices of comics. There are usually lots of big SA and BA books here but not this time. Dealers are sitting on their big books until the market corrects. Definitely a good time to be a buyer with cash…

On 12/14/2023 at 10:30 AM, Robot Man said:

Just in. Not a comic but my favorite “Famous Monster”. May 1954

IMG_7909.jpeg

Everett was also a fan.

EverettNightmare2Pinup.jpg

On 12/14/2023 at 7:55 AM, adamstrange said:

Everett was also a fan.

EverettNightmare2Pinup.jpg

Beautiful! Speaking from the collectibles side in general, The Creature (along with Godzilla) are the most popular with the many monster collectors out there. And there are a lot of them. Monster stuff as well as Disneyland stuff are instant sellers for me.

This hit the racks in mid year. The car guys wanted it so bad they were instantly gone. Being a more opened minded “opportunist”, I grabbed the few I could find. They sell instantly to the monster folks. I see a real upside as these disappear from the racks to the monster crowd. 

IMG_6598.jpeg

On 12/15/2023 at 3:20 AM, Robot Man said:

Beautiful! Speaking from the collectibles side in general, The Creature (along with Godzilla) are the most popular with the many monster collectors out there. And there are a lot of them. Monster stuff as well as Disneyland stuff are instant sellers for me.

This hit the racks in mid year. The car guys wanted it so bad they were instantly gone. Being a more opened minded “opportunist”, I grabbed the few I could find. They sell instantly to the monster folks. I see a real upside as these disappear from the racks to the monster crowd. 

IMG_6598.jpeg

Bob diid you say Skyline? Took this shot a few weeks ago at the Nissan showroom in Ginza Tokyo. They rotate vintage cars from their collection. I always stop by to see what's on display. I also have picked up some Godzilla goodies with the new movie out over here. Lots of fun stuff.

Skyline.thumb.jpg.119b39cabcccb0d8ff1e7103770ae6d9.jpg

On 12/14/2023 at 10:01 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Bob diid you say Skyline? Took this shot a few weeks ago at the Nissan showroom in Ginza Tokyo. They rotate vintage cars from their collection. I always stop by to see what's on display. I also have picked up some Godzilla goodies with the new movie out over here. Lots of fun stuff.

Skyline.thumb.jpg.119b39cabcccb0d8ff1e7103770ae6d9.jpg

I am primarily a US muscle car and motorcycle guy as well as German cars. But I have grown to respect Japan muscle as well. The Nissan Skyline GT-R is a legendary car for its time. A 600 hp beast that rocked the industry in its day. So bad arse that it was nick named Godzilla. The HW version is a very accurate depiction of it. 

To all my fellow board members I wish you all the best of the holidays. May all your comic dreams come true. And, please don't forget your fellow inhabitants on this planet. Do something nice for someone who needs it. Remember, giving is much better than receiving!

Me, my cup runneth over...

christmascomicrack.jpg