• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2024 at 9:27 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Awesome photos Bob; I miss that show but should make August! I need one of those Toronado models; I've been eying up a full size one for years.

Howdy Frank. Yeah, you know how much fun it is. A lot like CalCon in a couple weeks. Gotta pack away my toys and start digging out the comic boxes for it. Hope to see you at the next one. 

On 1/23/2024 at 12:39 AM, Robot Man said:

Howdy Frank. Yeah, you know how much fun it is. A lot like CalCon in a couple weeks. Gotta pack away my toys and start digging out the comic boxes for it. Hope to see you at the next one. 

The paperback show at the same venue is also lots of fun. Always some interesting paper on offer there plus so many many paperbacks!! Sorry I will miss CalCon again this year I always manage to find a fun book or two there too. Happy selling and hunting!

Calcon 2024 is now in the books.

Got up with the sun to get there early for load in. Literally, drove up to the hall door. Easiest load in I have ever done.

Heavy rain from 2”-8” was predicted all week starting Sunday. Really made me concerned from dealers driving in from all over the state and out of state.

IMG_8152.jpeg

IMG_8150.jpeg

My humble “junk pile” booth. Was busy all day. Had a lot of real cheap GA/SA readers that sold briskly as well as a good amount of rare GA’s from the personal collection. I try to price fairly and was told by several folks I have some of the best prices in the room. Just warmed my little black heart and helped me to clean out a lot of stuff. 

IMG_8165.jpeg

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8167.jpeg

On 2/5/2024 at 8:10 AM, Robot Man said:

As always, there are always folks with great shirts! A couple that visited my booth.

Got to say Hi to board member Greggy who made it all the way down here from Canada. Was fun chatting for a few minutes. 

IMG_8171.jpeg

Someone complimented him on the shirt and he quickly said, "Its fresh from my tailor this morning"

Just one of the many cool cats at the event.