• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

Another friendly, great couple out of Tucson AZ. Morris and Tiffney of Lady T’s Comic Keys. They didn’t have a lot of GA but I managed to fish out a cool Everett book out of their boxes and a couple of pulps. Cool couple. So friendly and bursting with energy. I would buy from them anytime!

IMG_7084.jpeg

On 7/16/2023 at 1:59 PM, woowoo said:

If your still there would love to see closer pics of the Tec 27s

No, I just went yesterday. Frankly, I’ve seen that book so many times it almost seems common at this point. I was hoping for some more obscure GA books which they didn’t have.

Send him a message. I’m sure he would be more than willing to talk if you are serious about it. 

On 7/16/2023 at 3:33 PM, Robot Man said:

No, I just went yesterday. Frankly, I’ve seen that book so many times it almost seems common at this point. I was hoping for some more obscure GA books which they didn’t have.

Send him a message. I’m sure he would be more than willing to talk if you are serious about it. 

I'm going to have to call him don't think he would return a message as busy as he always is. Thank you @Robot Man

On 7/16/2023 at 1:54 PM, Robot Man said:

Bumped into my pal @Ricksneatstuff and Brian Weismann from Heritage. Great guys. Heritage knows to hire the best folks. Shared some sad news and talked comics a bit. Rick might not be selling (dammit) but he is still adding pretty books to his collection. I forgot to mention his latest passion, vintage vinyl. I have a lifetime collection myself but just have to slice that shrink wrap and spin them all! 

IMG_7063.jpeg

Fun report @Robot Man - I think I was asleep dreaming of Matt Baker comics and first press mint Beatles albums in this pic. :foryou:zzz

Wow that is the epitome of an old time comic show! Great report. But when they drag all those comics to San Diego they will seem to disappear amidst the giant halls of pop culture pablum!

Good to see Ritchie, is he selling at SDCC? That’s a nice little display he has there. Ive still got a great early Superman I picked up from him in the nineties.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:55 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Fun report @Robot Man - I think I was asleep dreaming of Matt Baker comics and first press mint Beatles albums in this pic. :foryou:zzz

You looked tired. Hopefully, not bored. Did you get a chance to find any books? Saw a lot of Bakers there. Either ones I had or didn’t want. Then, they wern’t exactly cheap. I’m sure Carey got some. 

On 7/16/2023 at 5:11 PM, silverseeker said:

Great report, @Robot Man…thanks for sharing all the awesome pics and comments!

I chose to go to Heroes in Charlotte over this show this year, but am planning to make it to this show next year…

Either one is a good choice. Been a few years since I went to Heroes or Baltimore. I remember a lot of smaller dealers there. Torpedo might be close just a lot more compacted. CalCon is also a great show. Nice CA weather in Feb.

You could also stretch it into a few days in SD if you wanted to. 

On 7/16/2023 at 5:21 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Wow that is the epitome of an old time comic show! Great report. But when they drag all those comics to San Diego they will seem to disappear amidst the giant halls of pop culture pablum!

Good to see Ritchie, is he selling at SDCC? That’s a nice little display he has there. Ive still got a great early Superman I picked up from him in the nineties.

Yeah, very comic book centric and compact.

Yeah, Mr Bedrock I’d going down to SD as well. He had a somewhat smaller booth but brought a very nice variety of books. Something got most everyone. Dealers really get a bang for the buck with 2 shows in basically a week. 

On 7/17/2023 at 9:57 AM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, Mr Bedrock I’d going down to SD as well. He had a somewhat smaller booth but brought a very nice variety of books. Something got most everyone. Dealers really get a bang for the buck with 2 shows in basically a week. 

Oh I meant Richie Munchin; haven’t seen him selling in years.

On 7/16/2023 at 5:57 PM, Robot Man said:

great report, thanks again for all the pictures! wish i could have made it. 

what was the consensus on sales saturday? i heard mixed things so far about crowd size and sales. dealers don't usually chime in here when sales are slow but they are quite willing to let us know when books are flying off the walls. 

the market seems to be stabilizing a bit but i also know some collectors (me?) who are somewhat skittish right now as well. observations? 

On 7/16/2023 at 5:53 PM, Robot Man said:

Either one is a good choice. Been a few years since I went to Heroes or Baltimore. I remember a lot of smaller dealers there. Torpedo might be close just a lot more compacted. CalCon is also a great show. Nice CA weather in Feb.

You could also stretch it into a few days in SD if you wanted to. 

Heroes did have a bunch of smaller dealers and dealers who don't make the trek out west, which was great.

I'm definitely planning to make it to Terry's show next year...I last attended it in 2020, right before things went sideways.

The only time I made it to the Torpedo show was in 2018, their first year if I remember correctly...that was a fun show, even though the lighting and air conditioning was hit-and-miss in the room.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:04 PM, Robot Man said:

Made some new friends. John and Stephanie Stephenson from Worlds of Wonder out of Sacramento, CA. Got a few cool books at a steal of a price. He used to live in LA. We shared stories about the old Shrine Auditorium cons in the late ‘70’s and early ‘80’s. We both remember dealing with John Verzyl when he was starting out. The stories of collections that used to walk in off the street. Great folks to deal with. I think he said he was a board member. I encouraged him to start posting again.

IMG_7055.jpeg

You never see those Zip's! :applause: