• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Stolen Books--Please read
6 6

313 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I still travel the Los Angeles area to all the area comic shops (why, I don't know. Rarely worth the trouble. I guess I still love the LCS although most suck-a#@)

List what you can that was stolen (above what you already posted, if possible) and I will keep my eye out. Was at comic shops in Glendale, Sherman Oaks, Pasadena and North Hollywood yesterday

Thank you I will

1 minute ago, wombat said:

Glad you are OK. So glad my town has designated the local municipal building as a Craigslist exchange spot. 

Thank you.  I should have known better.  I've sold so much on CL never thought this would happen.

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Yikes, ((((Tamir)))), glad you didn't grab the kid, your life is not worth a comic, or 1,000,000 comics. Glad you are safe, very sorry about the experience, but very glad you were not harmed.

Thanks Sha....my life is worth close to an Amazing man #22 in a 9.8 lol 

1 hour ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I had them posted on Craigslist for sale. We talked on the phone and we agreed on a place to meet. Then the fun began. We met in front of a Carl's Jr.  They showed up 20 min late, a kid comes out and was looking at the comic and I began to think something fishy was going on. I asked him if they were for him and if he was the one on the phone and he said yeah. I knew then I was about to get robbed. Then two guys come out of the van guns, take the three books and two short boxes of comics as well. It was crazy. I thought about grabbing the kid but didn't want to get shot to be Honest. 

Jesus....this is beyond awful.  I'll be watching for these books throughout Vegas for you too.....

I'm glad you did nothing at the time.......you're still alive to post this and when it's all said and done, your life is far more important....

Edited by Mapleleafvann
Auto-correct issues

Yes, +1 to everything, but also thank you for the courage to share your story beyond the fact of the stolen books. I cannot be the only one for whom it is a wake-up call. I don't sell on CL but I check out stuff to buy often...same difference, as surely the scam works in reverse (expecting buyers to show up with cash). I always leave it locked in the car until I can assess whether I am going to proceed, but that is not 100%. I would think many of us buy, sell or both there.

Man, that's beyond scary. You did the right thing giving up the books and leaving the kid alone. El Monte has some gang activity. I live in the LA area and will pass the word. When did this happen? They might have been shopped around at the Long Beach con this weekend. Just another reason I don't transact on Craig's List. Hopefully, you got the license number. Glad you are safe!

Yes to everyone for agreement on your safety! A life is more valuable than comic books. What I love about this broads here is to know there are lot of people here for support to someone. 

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

My god, how scary.  Glad you're ok

Ditto.

You did nothing, and that was the right thing to do. Comic books = Cash. Cash vs. Survival= no contest.