• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2022 at 7:02 PM, Larryw7 said:

Yup, the UHD disc.

The 2022 DC film “Black Adam” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 3rd, 2023 via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.  The film, based on the DC comics character and directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, stars Dwayne Johnson, Aldis Hodge, Noah Centineo, Sarah Shahi, Quintessa Swindell,  and Pierce Brosnan.

The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound.  Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound.  Both versions will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting its DVD counterpart, and each including a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere.

The bonus materials set to be included with these releases are listed below.

1. The History of Black Adam
  2. Who is The Justice Society?
  3. From Soul to Screen
  4. Black Adam: A Flawed Hero
  5. Black Adam: New Tech in an Old World
  6. Black Adam: Taking Flight
  7. Kahndaq: Designing a Nation
  8. The Rock of Eternity
  9. Costumes make the hero
  10. Black Adam: A new type of action

On 11/25/2022 at 9:19 PM, BanjerD said:

We are still waiting for the release of Black Adam in Japan, it has to be the last international release date of December 2nd :cry:

DC Studios released the first 10 minutes officially. So at least if you like here is a warm-up experience.

Finally watched this last hight at home.  Was entertaining, that's for sure.  Gotta admit it was better that any of the Marvel Phase 4 stuff (besides Spider-Man, of course), even though the tone was up and down and inconsistent.  Could be interesting in the future integrating into the general DCCU.

I found the Movie to be fast paced and entertaining. Probably too fast paced though.... Lacked substance, almost non-existent plot.  So while entertaining it was fleeting not leaving me at least wanting more.

P.S. was nice seeing Dr Fate and Hawkman on the big screen. Now if we could get a JSA feature film with the Spectre!

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/1/2022 at 10:29 AM, MAR1979 said:

I found the Movie to be fast paced and entertaining. Probably too fast paced though.... Lacked substance, almost non-existent plot.  So while entertaining it was fleeting not leaving me at least wanting more.

P.S. was nice seeing Dr Fate and Hawkman on the big screen. Now if we could get a JSA feature film with the Spectre!

I want a Spectre solo film, but shot like a horror movie.

Hell, just follow the style of the animated short and I'll be happy.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, D84 said:

I want a Spectre solo film, but shot like a horror movie.

Hell, just follow the style of the animated short and I'll be happy.

I personally would rather they use Spectre as a big villain for either an early 1940s JSA movie (or a modern Constantine / Justice League Dark film), as it would give something scary and threatening for the team to come together to face, and in the end 'fix' whatever was causing the Spectre entity to be on a rampage (perhaps he was detached from his host human body, and once reunited is back to sound mind and joins the team)

On 12/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Lowest numbers for any DCEU film

And there it is.

Won't even hit $400 million worldwide.

Domestically, it won't even finish among the top 10 of the year.

Money burn.jpeg

Edited by Gatsby77