• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,725 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2022 at 10:26 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

New additions

6BE3D029-7BD4-420C-B6F5-3C3257379E11.jpeg

5F62CE1D-2429-4C3C-AFD6-8F175B0AAE7B.jpeg

That's some great new additions.  I read that ASM 126 hundreds of times as a kid.  I loved the Jim Mooney inks over Ross's pencils.  That calendar is my all time favorite Spider-man collectible that isn't a comic.  Still remembering buying it off the stands in th Army PX in Fort Benning, Ga.  I remember waking up every morning and reading the box for the day of the month.  Just a great memory from my 11 year old self.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:16 AM, Spider-Variant said:

That's some great new additions.  I read that ASM 126 hundreds of times as a kid.  I loved the Jim Mooney inks over Ross's pencils.  That calendar is my all time favorite Spider-man collectible that isn't a comic.  Still remembering buying it off the stands in th Army PX in Fort Benning, Ga.  I remember waking up every morning and reading the box for the day of the month.  Just a great memory from my 11 year old self.

To go back to that year in 78 and buy that calendar would have been awesome. It is the only non comic item I have as well. Was waiting for a nice copy to surface and scored on this one.

On 3/26/2022 at 10:04 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

To go back to that year in 78 and buy that calendar would have been awesome. It is the only non comic item I have as well. Was waiting for a nice copy to surface and scored on this one.

Great score looks like it Fresh of the printing press‼️👍

On 3/27/2022 at 6:09 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Oh, I'm still trying to figure out where that Spidey/X-Men image on Christmas Day first appeared.

That drove me nuts the last time I looked Reggie :insane:

I never found it in any of the obvious titles. If it was printed, it's tucked away somewhere unexpected...

mighty-marvel-calender-1978-december1.jpg.7e927989d9e50bd7b9a5749d8784ebbc.jpg

On 3/27/2022 at 12:28 PM, Get Marwood & I said:
On 3/27/2022 at 12:09 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Oh, I'm still trying to figure out where that Spidey/X-Men image on Christmas Day first appeared.

I never found it in any of the obvious titles. If it was printed, it's tucked away somewhere unexpected...

wasn't it a Christmas issue? I want to say in a Treasury style Comic?

On 3/27/2022 at 6:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

wasn't it a Christmas issue? I want to say in a Treasury style Comic?

Mebbe. 

On 3/27/2022 at 1:28 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Hey Steve, how you been my friend?  

On 3/28/2022 at 3:05 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Hey Steve, how you been my friend?  

Not bad Reggie, thanks. Just pottering away on comics as usual. Still can't get that 25/12 picture source. Bloody thing. 

On 3/28/2022 at 11:09 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Not bad Reggie, thanks. Just pottering away on comics as usual. Still can't get that 25/12 picture source. Bloody thing. 

Yes, maybe the calendar is the only place it ever appeared.  It would make it unique in that sense, because nearly all of the other images are from somewhere else.

I almost want to say that George Perez month of October is my favorite from the Calendar.  Just something about having all those villains on one page.

On 3/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Yes, maybe the calendar is the only place it ever appeared.  It would make it unique in that sense, because nearly all of the other images are from somewhere else.

I almost want to say that George Perez month of October is my favorite from the Calendar.  Just something about having all those villains on one page.

It's a lovely colourful thing, isn't it. And always good to see the reptilian boys back together....

Capture.PNG.04def67cb8703f6878e317b45fe2525f.PNG

On 3/28/2022 at 6:45 PM, Spider-Variant said:

I think the Jackal looks pretty menacing as well.

Yes.

Dracula looks less menacing. And he seems to have a cold hooter, too:

Capture.PNG.75d758d20faef2b0d4de8728b0ca2ed9.PNG

I suppose he would though wouldn't he, being undead and everything.