• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,725 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 8:55 AM, 70s80sTimeMachine said:

As a kid, it was pretty unbeatable walking into a 7-Eleven, getting one of these and heading to the comic rack. Amazing times. 

Mr too, loved our local 7-11 , it turned into something else 15 years ago but it still there🤘

On 3/9/2022 at 11:40 AM, 70s80sTimeMachine said:

Interesting. I didn't think of it until you just mentioned but the location I went to in the 70s/80s is still there present day as well. The anticipation of the new issues coming out was really something great. Couldn't wait to bust through the door and get in there.

I also bought Topps football/baseball sticker packs there too. That was a big deal. I was very lucky in the 70s/early 80s because some of my immediate family members ran a grocery store that resided right next to wholesale distributor locations. So you could walk in there and purchase full sealed boxes of any sports and nonsports cards you can imagine. They had candy galore. And one of the owners was a friend of the family so he would randomly hook me up with tons of comics that were ultimately going to be destroyed. Later on this changed and he would have to rip off the covers but it was still great!

That is some awesome stuff right there.

Growing up my older brother had a bunch of coverless comics, took me years to understand the story behind those.  He never had any of the partially torn covers, just the completely coverless ones.

I also bought football cards as a kid.  How fun was it ripping into those packs?

On 3/9/2022 at 2:47 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Growing up my older brother had a bunch of coverless comics, took me years to understand the story behind those.  He never had any of the partially torn covers, just the completely coverless ones.

I also bought football cards as a kid.  How fun was it ripping into those packs?

Yes cards!!!!!! I collected both sports/nonsports. I was able to not only get wholesale prices but a discount on top of that because of the family friend. I would work really hard to save up $$ and then it would be Xmas time ripping through a box. Those were awesome times. To this day I still have tons of cards. Did you by chance collect any of the Topps stickers? I remember creating a list of missing stickers I needed in order to complete the book and then mailing that along with payment to Italy!!!

On 3/9/2022 at 2:47 PM, Spider-Variant said:

I bought more football cards than I did baseball as a child , I bought lots Archie comics too👍