• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2022 at 7:24 PM, skypinkblu said:

That's a great book, I was high bidder for a few days ...made me sorry I sold my lower grade one to a friend a few years ago. I know he loves it, so I'll survive...congrats and enjoy the book!

Thank you.

On 12/16/2022 at 7:39 PM, RareHighGrade said:

:frown:  hm

On 12/17/2022 at 9:48 AM, Phill the Governor said:

First off, sweet MM12!

For clarification, do you mean that you put in a high bid before the 3 minute reset (very end of the auction) and that the underbidder was only $200 below your high bid?

Edit. I understand better now.  I did bid over the minimum amount during the 3rd or 4th reset. But I now know/remember that the counter resets with any bid even if it falls short of someones "secret" max bid. So there is no reason at all to bid more than the minimum. In this case I bid 5,100 when it was 4,300 and change. Then wouldn't you know it the "next guy" bid 4,900 (which still reset the counter)..

I won't be doing that ever again.

btw these are the notes. I don't see a heavy stain full center. Of course the coding lines are on all Cosmic Aeroplane's. The only thing that I don't like is the rusty staple. 

Opera Snapshot_2022-12-17_132931_www.cgccomics.com.png

Edited by Professor K
spelling correction

On 12/17/2022 at 2:24 PM, Professor K said:

Oh no was that you? I was hoping it wasn't anyone from the board. Sometimes I feel bad for the person who came in 2nd. I guess because I've been that guy so many times. 

No, I was only bidding until at least a day before the auction. I had 2 books I wanted, that one and the one I won. Yours was going to go for a lot more, so I switched:)
Glad a collector won the MM:) I love the cover.

On 12/17/2022 at 2:49 PM, skypinkblu said:

No, I was only bidding until at least a day before the auction. I had 2 books I wanted, that one and the one I won. Yours was going to go for a lot more, so I switched:)
Glad a collector won the MM:) I love the cover.

Glad you got one too. :peace:

On 12/16/2022 at 9:15 AM, Professor K said:

I found a few of Thomas Thorsons (son of Thor) on a google search that could be our Tommy. I grabbed this last night. I know I paid too much but it's the only way to get this stuff anymore. One person bid it up about 800 bucks on the last bid but came 200 short of my high. To me this book was Jack's first really great cover. 

Opera Snapshot_2022-12-16_090012_www.comicconnect.com.png

Cosmic Aeroplane pedigree copy. Those always sell for a huge premium.

On 12/19/2022 at 6:09 AM, Chicago Boy said:

MC 1 2.5 --what gives?  Anyone surprised like I was?  Went from 145pp to 117ppp.  What would a similar Tec 27 & AC 1 go for in todays market?

I was.  I thought it would sell at or below the Heritage 3.0 copy.  I figured the book is around $75k a point, looks like it has no effect with the comic book down market.

On 12/19/2022 at 1:56 PM, Dark Knight said:

I was.  I thought it would sell at or below the Heritage 3.0 copy.  I figured the book is around $75k a point, looks like it has no effect with the comic book down market.

I figured 75k a point was more in line with a Bats 1/Cap 1 and that MC 1 was way higher(shrug)

On 12/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, Chicago Boy said:

I figured 75k a point was more in line with a Bats 1/Cap 1 and that MC 1 was way higher(shrug)

With Bat 1 yes, not even with a Cap 1 at $75k a point.  It's a bit lower in my opinion.  A MC 1 was trading for roughly around $40k a point in around 2020. The Nic Cage 6.0 copy sold for $280k in 2020 so a $75k ppp now is more than generous for mid to lower grades..

On 1/7/2023 at 10:31 AM, skypinkblu said:

Anyone receive any of their books yet? Or am I being too optimistic, lol?

and Happy New Year everyone and a Healthy one.

Not yet.  I did see my CC was charged for my purchases a couple weeks ago, but no shipping notification just yet.  I'm assuming the delay is due to the holidays and expect that confirmation this week.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:31 AM, skypinkblu said:

Anyone receive any of their books yet? Or am I being too optimistic, lol?

and Happy New Year everyone and a Healthy one.

You mean from the December Signature auction? Mine got to shipping within a week, but being a dallas resident, I went and fished it out of shipping a few days before Christmas 

On 1/7/2023 at 10:36 AM, Vince G said:

Not yet.  I did see my CC was charged for my purchases a couple weeks ago, but no shipping notification just yet.  I'm assuming the delay is due to the holidays and expect that confirmation this week.

Thanks, apparently ComicConnect doesn't take credit cards over a certain amount now. 

On 1/7/2023 at 10:38 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You mean from the December Signature auction? Mine got to shipping within a week, but being a dallas resident, I went and fished it out of shipping a few days before Christmas 

I'm guessing you mean the Heritage Auction, unless ComicConnect moved to Dallas?  I just double checked the title, lol. I'm ALWAYS mixing up threads.

Glad you got your books...enjoy them:) :foryou:

On 1/7/2023 at 9:44 AM, skypinkblu said:

I'm guessing you mean the Heritage Auction, unless ComicConnect moved to Dallas?  I just double checked the title, lol. I'm ALWAYS mixing up threads.

Glad you got your books...enjoy them:) :foryou:

Oh my bad. (Pie in face emoji). Yes I was talking Heritage. I don’t think I got anything from CC this go around. When I do, I just call Rob and things move fast after that

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 1/7/2023 at 10:51 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Oh my bad. (Pie in face emoji). Yes I was talking Heritage. I don’t think I got anything from CC this go around 

been there, done that..., so no pie for you (or soup if you prefer;) :foryou: