• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,492 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2023 at 5:19 PM, Dave2739 said:

Yeah, saw Omar's video yesterday, that is pretty crazy! Rom was one of those "never gonna happen" books, and yet, here it is. I'll buy the omnis for sure. I think there are some crossover issues out there that they should now be able to add to reprints, hopefully they'll do it soon. I can't imagine they paid much for the license, IDW had it and couldn't make it worthwhile, so I assume Marvel picked it up on the cheap just for their collected editions department. So, hopefully that means they'll squeeze it for what it's worth before they give it up, unlike Conan, which they put a ton of time and money into, and then let peter out.

On 5/23/2023 at 7:09 AM, F For Fake said:

Yeah, saw Omar's video yesterday, that is pretty crazy! Rom was one of those "never gonna happen" books, and yet, here it is. I'll buy the omnis for sure. I think there are some crossover issues out there that they should now be able to add to reprints, hopefully they'll do it soon. I can't imagine they paid much for the license, IDW had it and couldn't make it worthwhile, so I assume Marvel picked it up on the cheap just for their collected editions department. So, hopefully that means they'll squeeze it for what it's worth before they give it up, unlike Conan, which they put a ton of time and money into, and then let peter out.

It's a definite buy for me too!

On 4/7/2023 at 3:15 AM, letsgrumble said:

Unleashed... at last!

IMG_4378.thumb.JPG.7e596589fd432735f1cc0211f715936a.JPG

IMG_4379.thumb.JPG.4061a7eeb035f10c2df9c8756ff45eb1.JPG

That's brilliant.

On 5/25/2023 at 8:02 PM, F For Fake said:

Hell, throw in 2001 A Space Odyssey while you're at it.

It would end up basically being a Complete Machine Man Omnibus.

On 5/25/2023 at 8:02 PM, F For Fake said:

And if Marvel is willing to pay for the license on Rom and Micronauts,

Rom's good news.  That would be a very readable collection, beginning to end.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:33 PM, Ken Aldred said:

It would end up basically being a Complete Machine Man Omnibus.

Which would be awesome! I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:34 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Rom's good news.  That would be a very readable collection, beginning to end.

Yes, I am looking forward to it, as I never read the entire title, just random issues here and there as a kid. I've been waiting for a chance like this to try the whole thing out.

On 5/26/2023 at 7:34 AM, F For Fake said:

Yes, I am looking forward to it, as I never read the entire title, just random issues here and there as a kid. I've been waiting for a chance like this to try the whole thing out.

ROM is one of those nostalgia titles for people "of a certain age" when it came out.  The interiors basically suck.  The story is nothing special.  But the Golden covers were fantastic -- talk about a bait and switch!  I, like many collectors, bought the run for a while when it first came out - suckers looking for the next big book and after the Golden covers dried up there was nothing to keep us going.  But a lot of younger readers seem to have fond memories of it.  

Micronauts on the first hand started strong with great interior art!  But Golden left that title too.  Sad.

FYI-- CGN has the Neal Adams X-Men Gallery Edition at half price as part of their rolling Nick & Dent sale. $19.99 + shipping.  As has been the case with my other Nick & Dent purchases, this one came without any visible damage (and still in the shrinkwrap). 

XGallery.thumb.jpeg.6d254095e3cbe42ef2b6dbf265be7d67.jpeg

Note the extras included here are not as extensive compared to the Marvel Omnibus line.  A few preliminary sketches, color guides, rejected covers, and summary pages & covers originally created for various previous reprint editions.

And of course, it is HUGE:

XGalleryCompare.thumb.jpeg.b78dce73b73ed8ad7fc18380ab6fd408.jpeg

The troubling news about the ROM reprints (and potential new material) is that increased interest in the character will possibly mean increased interest in the figure, and I still don't have one! I've been casually looking for a complete example in nice shape with a box. Passed on one at $400 about three years ago, and have been kicking myself ever since. I never had one, but my cousin did, and I sold his for him several years ago on my eBay shop. Should have bought it outright. Too much woulda shoulda coulda!

Hamilton has sold out of a couple more omnis (Swamp Thing, GA Bats) but they've also added a few new ones, GA Green Arrow, JLA Bronze Age V3, JLA SA 1, and I think the Teen Titans BA may be new as well? Anyway, worth checking out again.

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/products/search?listing_sort=10&limit=100&q=omnibus&power_search=Start%2BSearch&pf[1]=1&_=1685543695987&cat_id=GN

Ordered from them directly for the Spider-man one.I thought they would take better care of the product in shipping since I was concerned by how easy the cardboard holder could be damaged but it ended up being the opposite. Horrible experience, shipping took forever with no reason stated. When it finally did come they had not even packed it but wrapped up the cardboard part in plastic wrapping and stock the shipping labeled on. 

Hey gang -- does anyone know if there's a way to tell the difference between a first printing of the Moon Knight Omnibus and the second printing, without removing the shrink-wrap?

Thanks!