• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,482 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2023 at 2:39 PM, Loading... said:

I enjoy popping into LCS when I am out of town as you never know what you may find.

This past weekend I found this copy of Fatal Attractions for half off. Spine is OK for a 10 year old book. It seems the original owner didn't properly stretch it out but I have seem much worst.

FACover.jpg.6ccfb8f9a607f9664fd3a23653b508aa.jpgFABack.jpg.65685f86600df7211c8b3305bd014a40.jpgFASpine.jpg.b094a772664aefcfa407e0ffa90320aa.jpg

how do you properly stretch it out?

On 4/19/2023 at 2:39 PM, Loading... said:

I enjoy popping into LCS when I am out of town as you never know what you may find.

This past weekend I found this copy of Fatal Attractions for half off. Spine is OK for a 10 year old book. It seems the original owner didn't properly stretch it out but I have seem much worst.

FACover.jpg.6ccfb8f9a607f9664fd3a23653b508aa.jpgFABack.jpg.65685f86600df7211c8b3305bd014a40.jpgFASpine.jpg.b094a772664aefcfa407e0ffa90320aa.jpg

Great pick-up even it it's a little rough. Been OOP for some time, and isn't cheap. I hope/assume they'll eventually reprint this long gone volumes, and do some creative combining of the OHC's into new omni books.

Thanks for sharing the video @theCapraAegagrus It is a handy tip to help extend the life of your books, especially with some of these books clocking in at 1200+ pages.

My brother has an older omni he picked up off ebay that has a warped spine. I'll see if i can get him to send me a pic.

@F For Fake I hope they reprint this one as well in the future. I recall it being a mind blowing event for my 11 year old self. I am not sure how well it holds up but I am looking forward to reading the full story in the near future.

Some recent purchases. Marvel Value Stamp is massive and there were some great reviews for the book. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on Love & Rockets, all 28 lbs. of it. A few books for me to read as I work on new comic projects. I read the first Kill Lock TPB earlier this year and I really enjoyed it.

20230423_134252.jpg

I really like Joelle Jones and read both of the series when they came out and really liked them. 

Since then, I have sold those books and wanted to reread them and found this on eBay. Unfortunately the seller shipped in a padded envelope and there was extra damage. Only paid $20 for the book. Wondering if I should contact him and show him the damage?

IMG_0494.jpeg

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-alex-ross-marvel-comics-super-villains-poster-book-alex-ross/1143292854?ean=9781419770463&fbclid=IwAR0fGuV3q42jDm5pjoCEKv0o8D76GdQNCq7wQ7eII2QpobwJCFBYbYyMoPQ

The Alex Ross Marvel Comics Super Villains Poster Book

343736235_1196635674330237_1368226901995960708_n.jpg.e7f68bd57234128ba9b6a583387f2198.jpg

From renowned comics artist Alex Ross, the companion volume to The Alex Ross Marvel Comics Poster Book—an all-new poster collection of the greatest villains from Marvel Comics

From Abomination to Venom, all your favorite Marvel Comics super villains are featured in this exclusive collection of painted portraits by Alex Ross—one of the most respected and influential artists working in comics. This eagerly anticipated follow-up to The Alex Ross Marvel Comics Poster Book is the first-ever collection of these stunning and dynamic portraits and comes with 37 ready-to-frame, removable art prints as well as an all-new introduction and commentary by Ross, preparatory sketches and ancillary illustrations, and a bonus four-page gatefold of all 37 iconic portraits. These villainous posters showcase Marvel’s rogue’s gallery as you’ve never seen them before, painted in the award-winning, breathtaking style that has made Ross famous.

Product dimensions: 11.00(w) x 16.00(h) x 0.39(d)
Edited by ak47po

On 4/26/2023 at 8:19 PM, ak47po said:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-alex-ross-marvel-comics-super-villains-poster-book-alex-ross/1143292854?ean=9781419770463&fbclid=IwAR0fGuV3q42jDm5pjoCEKv0o8D76GdQNCq7wQ7eII2QpobwJCFBYbYyMoPQ

The Alex Ross Marvel Comics Super Villains Poster Book

343736235_1196635674330237_1368226901995960708_n.jpg.e7f68bd57234128ba9b6a583387f2198.jpg

From renowned comics artist Alex Ross, the companion volume to The Alex Ross Marvel Comics Poster Book—an all-new poster collection of the greatest villains from Marvel Comics

From Abomination to Venom, all your favorite Marvel Comics super villains are featured in this exclusive collection of painted portraits by Alex Ross—one of the most respected and influential artists working in comics. This eagerly anticipated follow-up to The Alex Ross Marvel Comics Poster Book is the first-ever collection of these stunning and dynamic portraits and comes with 37 ready-to-frame, removable art prints as well as an all-new introduction and commentary by Ross, preparatory sketches and ancillary illustrations, and a bonus four-page gatefold of all 37 iconic portraits. These villainous posters showcase Marvel’s rogue’s gallery as you’ve never seen them before, painted in the award-winning, breathtaking style that has made Ross famous.

Product dimensions: 11.00(w) x 16.00(h) x 0.39(d)

Haven't bought anything comics-related in a little bit. This will probably change that.

I purchased the X-treme X-Men Omnibus by Claremont and Larocca. This is a book of stories I've had in single issue form since release and tpb form also. It starts off strong, but after about issue 16 it goes downhill, swiftly and dangerously. Still, when it's good it's very good. Other than their depiction of the Gold Coast, which is woeful. I was even ones to give Claremont advice on what it's like. He obviously didn't listen. lol

Other than that I've been buying some of the Transformers IDW Collections I've missed, trying to nab them before they sell out. That's going to be a more costly endeavour with Book Depository closing down unfortunately. Really disappointed about that one. I did all my book shipping there, bar my e-books. 

This Kickstarter campaign might be of interest to Art Adams fans like me. It launched yesterday. Phenomenal response - pledges over 200k in a single day!

Note - if you are not in the US, international shipping will be very expensive. I pledged for the deluxe hardcover and shipping to the UK is more than the book.

It's possible Bud Plant will have copies at some point, but no guarantees, especially if the kickstarter sells out!

The Art of Arthur Adams

The Art of Arthur Adams.jpg

On 4/29/2023 at 8:51 PM, Cat said:

I purchased the X-treme X-Men Omnibus by Claremont and Larocca. This is a book of stories I've had in single issue form since release and tpb form also. It starts off strong, but after about issue 16 it goes downhill, swiftly and dangerously. Still, when it's good it's very good. Other than their depiction of the Gold Coast, which is woeful. I was even ones to give Claremont advice on what it's like. He obviously didn't listen. lol

Other than that I've been buying some of the Transformers IDW Collections I've missed, trying to nab them before they sell out. That's going to be a more costly endeavour with Book Depository closing down unfortunately. Really disappointed about that one. I did all my book shipping there, bar my e-books. 

Ha, I picked up the X-Treme X-Men book when IST had it on sale, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet (probably won't for some time.) I'm keeping my expectations low. I read the Claremont Revolution Omni a couple of years ago, and I expect X-Treme to be along those lines. 

Man, it was a scramble to get the Transformers stuff I needed before they all go OOP, but I think I got most of it. It's crazy what some of the books are already selling for. I have most of it digital as well, but I wanted the lineup on my bookshelf.

On 5/3/2023 at 3:00 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

This Kickstarter campaign might be of interest to Art Adams fans like me. It launched yesterday. Phenomenal response - pledges over 200k in a single day!

Note - if you are not in the US, international shipping will be very expensive. I pledged for the deluxe hardcover and shipping to the UK is more than the book.

It's possible Bud Plant will have copies at some point, but no guarantees, especially if the kickstarter sells out!

The Art of Arthur Adams

The Art of Arthur Adams.jpg

Saw this on instagram last night, very excited! Arthur is still out there kicking butt!

On 5/3/2023 at 10:39 PM, F For Fake said:

Ha, I picked up the X-Treme X-Men book when IST had it on sale, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet (probably won't for some time.) I'm keeping my expectations low. I read the Claremont Revolution Omni a couple of years ago, and I expect X-Treme to be along those lines. 

Man, it was a scramble to get the Transformers stuff I needed before they all go OOP, but I think I got most of it. It's crazy what some of the books are already selling for. I have most of it digital as well, but I wanted the lineup on my bookshelf.

X-treme is better than Revolution for those first 16 or so issues, bar a few useless characters. After that it drops below it. So yeah temper your expectations. 

I just stopped collecting the IDW Collections some years ago, so I've got no one to blame but myself. I haven't got many to go, luckily, but at least one volume will cost me. 

Whoopi Goldberg's debut graphic novel promises a new kind of superhero

Dark Horse's press release digs into the origins of the project, stating:

"Because of her lifelong love for comic books, Goldberg decided it was time to create a new kind of superhero – one who might be a little older, whose body might be a little thicker…and whose breasts may or may not be the same size. She is also smack in the middle of menopause which, along with chills and hot flashes, also gave her some unexpected superpowers. The iconic actor, producer and author matched minds and wits with Jaime Paglia, someone "just as outside the box as I am," says Goldberg, to take the story to the next level. And, thus, The Change was born."

The Change is published in hardcover by Dark Horse Comics on November 28.

Whoopi-Goldberg.webp

On 5/3/2023 at 7:47 PM, ak47po said:

"Because of her lifelong love for comic books, Goldberg decided it was time to create a new kind of superhero – one who might be a little older, whose body might be a little thicker…and whose breasts may or may not be the same size. She is also smack in the middle of menopause which, along with chills and hot flashes, also gave her some unexpected superpowers. The iconic actor, producer and author matched minds and wits with Jaime Paglia, someone "just as outside the box as I am," says Goldberg, to take the story to the next level. And, thus, The Change was born."

Whoopi-Goldberg.webp

Oooh! Just what I've been waiting for!!!!:ohnoez:

On 5/3/2023 at 7:47 PM, ak47po said:

Whoopi-Goldberg.webp

Why must you soil this beautiful thread?

On 5/4/2023 at 9:47 AM, ak47po said:

Whoopi-Goldberg.webp

I'm ordering 7 copies. 

On 5/5/2023 at 12:46 AM, ak47po said:

So you're getting all your copies ready for the eventual CGC signing event?:roflmao:

9.9 or bust.