• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,482 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2023 at 6:23 AM, bronze_rules said:

xd35a1gn.png

Just curious as to which book these 70s U.K. Marvel reprint covers are from?

Lots of nice work by Jim Starlin, I recall.

On 3/26/2023 at 3:38 PM, Shadow said:

What caught my eye with the Spidey on the cover. Looks like a model that I had in the late 70's. You'd put a sticky glue substance on the hand and feet to stick to the wall. Naturally, glue gave way and he fell multiple times and finally broke. I've never seen that model kit listed anywhere since. 

Definitely triggers some nostalgia.

Alex Ross did the cover art for Abrams. He posted an image of his artwork on his Facebook page was back in March 2020. Three years later it's finally released. Must have been some COVID-related delays.

https://www.facebook.com/alexrossart/posts/new-marvel-stamp-art-cover-coming-soon-from-abrams-publishing/2587286068156446/

On 3/29/2023 at 1:23 AM, bronze_rules said:

some recent stuff (IST mmw $15 sale). Thanks to letsgrumble for posting that marvel value stamps book, one of the coolest marvel fan items I've seen in a long time.

Something about the coloring and the cardstock really brings back feelings of the comics as a kid. I wish they did masterworks like this. Artist Select editions are close, but this is just wonderful.

If only we could have more covers printed in books like this format.

v1.jpg

dktsyyud.png

xd35a1gn.png

This book is a real gem - just can't stop picking it up and thumbing through it. They couldn't have done a better job putting this together.

On 3/29/2023 at 2:50 PM, WolverineX said:

Now that the first Uncanny X-men omnibus 1  is in stock, does anyone know when vol 2 will be reprinted?

https://cheapgraphicnovels.com/x-men-uncanny-x-men-omnibus-vol-02-hc-dm-byrne-cvr-new-ptg.html

I don't think there has been any word of a third printing as yet, at least not that I recall. Earlier printings are  OOP of course, but still available on Ebay if you can handle the nosebleed prices, as I'm sure you know! Marvels publication calendar for the rest of this year looks full - they've even delayed a few omnibi until next year. So a new printing would be at least a year away, more than likely.

https://www.comicreleases.com/2021/12/all-upcoming-collected-editions/

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Just thought I'd share this from the Collected Editions Forum. I'd love to know what's going on with DC!

MAY 02, 2023
Superman: The 85th Anniversary Collection
Collects:
Action Comics (1938) #1-2, #23, #60, #182, #305, #395, #473, #643, #732, Action Comics (2011-2016) #7,
 DC Comics Presents#26, Superman (1994-2006) #1 and #81, Superman (1939-1986) #1, #30, #65, #133, 
#167, #287, #400, Superman (2018-2021) #18, Superman Confidential #1, Superman: Rebirth #1, 
Superman: The Man of Steel #1, and World's Finest Comics #176.

AUG 22, 2023
The Phantom Stranger Omnibus
Collects:
The Phantom Stranger #1-6 (1952), The Phantom Stranger #1-41 (1969), stories from The Saga of the Swamp Thing 
#1-13, Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #18, The Brave and the Bold #89, #98, #145, 
Showcase #80, Justice League of America #103, House of Secrets #150, DC Super-Stars #18, Secret Origins #10
 and DC Comics Presents #25, and #72.

SEP 12, 2023
Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 10
Collects:
Batman #86-100 and Detective Comics #211-232

SEP 26, 2023
Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1 (2023 reprint Edition)

Oct 03, 2023
Wonder Woman: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2
Collects:
Wonder Woman #124-149

OCT 10, 2023
Detective Chimp
Collects:
Amazing World of DC Comics #1, DC Comics Presents #35, DC Special #1, Tarzan #231 and #234-235, 
The Adventures of Rex the Wonder Dog #4, #6-46, and Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #6!

OCT 17, 2023
Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5
Collects:
Action Comics #142, Wonder Woman #35-47, and Sensation Comics #90-104.

DEC 05, 2023
Superman: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1
Collects:
Action Comics #241-265 and Superman #122-137.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:17 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Collects:
The Phantom Stranger #1-6 (1952), The Phantom Stranger #1-41 (1969), stories from The Saga of the Swamp Thing 
#1-13, Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #18, The Brave and the Bold #89, #98, #145, 
Showcase #80, Justice League of America #103, House of Secrets #150, DC Super-Stars #18, Secret Origins #10

Piper will be very happy. Long awaited.

The Showcase volume was a good read.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 3/30/2023 at 4:17 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

AUG 22, 2023
Collects:

But do we think it will actually happen this time?  hm

lucyfootball.png.542512f4a5aa3baea5c3a6d01e8a5072.png

On 3/30/2023 at 8:32 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Piper will be very happy. Long awaited.

The Showcase volume was a good read.

They first solicited that PS omni something like five years ago. It has been a looooooong wait. Let's hope this is finally the time!

IST continues to do a lot of stealh markdowns. A few DC omnis marked down to 60% off, and several Marvels down to 70% off. So, that means $150 books for about $60, and $125 books down to $37.50. Not going to link everything (I'm lazy) but here are some screen grabs of my last orders (second order reflects the additional 2% off repeat customer discount) to give you some ideas, and some other things on my list that are marked way down. Some really good deals on some stuff that has only been out for a couple/few months.

They also continue to randomly drop MMW's down to about 80% off, like one every other week. We had the most recent Ka-Zar and Hulk books down to $15 a few weeks ago, and now UXM 14/320 is down to $20. 

These days I just go to their "search" a few times a week, enter "HC", and then sort by discount. There seem to be new books marked down every week. It's funny, at the height of the pandemic, books were selling out in minutes. These days there are still a few of those, but the overwhelming majority are worth waiting on to see if they hit clearance. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on some of these until now.

So...go buy some goshdarn books!

ist1.GIF

ist2.GIF

ist3.GIF

ist4.GIF

ist5.GIF

On 3/24/2023 at 12:03 PM, Zonker said:

PSA Time!

In Stock Trades has the recent hardcover Famous First Edition reprint of New Fun Comics #1 on sale for $2.99

NewFunFFE.png.26e8438bee994c1d41da3d1724467a62.png

I grabbed one today just for historical curiosity.  And it will be cool to have a new Famous First Edition to add the collection 50 years after the original series started being published!

Speaking of IST, this just arrived on my doorstep. Thanks again @Zonker for the tip. Super cool book for $3. Similar approach as the Taschen books. Scanned from an original copy and then digitally cleaned up. Covers are reprinted on glossy stock. Interior pages are reprinted on a stock that resembles newsprint.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:23 PM, srezvan said:

The Love and Rockets boxset is on sale at IST, too. I've never read any of the stories, so it's a bit of a gamble. But I'm still thinking about it.

I personally feel that L&R is probably the best comic series ever created. BUT, it’s definitely not for everyone. The box set is gorgeous, and a must own for fans, but that’s a lot of money to lay out if you’re not sure you’d dig it. Of course I realize that a sale price is a limited time thing, so you’re probably looking to purchase sooner rather than later. but I’d personally recommend checking out one of the cheaper trades before committing to that much money (and size, that box is biiig) on something you may not be into.

On 3/31/2023 at 3:54 PM, F For Fake said:

I personally feel that L&R is probably the best comic series ever created. BUT, it’s definitely not for everyone. The box set is gorgeous, and a must own for fans, but that’s a lot of money to lay out if you’re not sure you’d dig it. Of course I realize that a sale price is a limited time thing, so you’re probably looking to purchase sooner rather than later. but I’d personally recommend checking out one of the cheaper trades before committing to that much money (and size, that box is biiig) on something you may not be into.

I went ahead and bought it. 

I am very grateful to live in a time where there is going to be a DETECTIVE CHIMP collected edition.

If DC would collect some of those gorgeous DC Sixties Romance Stories- with Jay Scott Pike work, among others- I would be quite content. I realize it's not a financial benefit though so it's unlikely.

On 3/31/2023 at 11:13 AM, F For Fake said:

IST continues to do a lot of stealh markdowns. A few DC omnis marked down to 60% off, and several Marvels down to 70% off. So, that means $150 books for about $60, and $125 books down to $37.50. Not going to link everything (I'm lazy) but here are some screen grabs of my last orders (second order reflects the additional 2% off repeat customer discount) to give you some ideas, and some other things on my list that are marked way down. Some really good deals on some stuff that has only been out for a couple/few months.

They also continue to randomly drop MMW's down to about 80% off, like one every other week. We had the most recent Ka-Zar and Hulk books down to $15 a few weeks ago, and now UXM 14/320 is down to $20. 

These days I just go to their "search" a few times a week, enter "HC", and then sort by discount. There seem to be new books marked down every week. It's funny, at the height of the pandemic, books were selling out in minutes. These days there are still a few of those, but the overwhelming majority are worth waiting on to see if they hit clearance. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on some of these until now.

So...go buy some goshdarn books!

ist1.GIF

ist2.GIF

ist3.GIF

ist4.GIF

ist5.GIF

Man,  even though i already own the single issues,  you are making me want to buy that mm xmen...