• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

796 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2022 at 12:46 PM, The Meta said:

I'm curious to know what "setback" happened at Dark Horse for them to have to print a blurb on their cover 

I'm not very keen on that 

It wasn't actually a Dark Horse setback. #backthecomback was a May 2020 advertising initiative trying to get people to support local comic and gaming stores as they attempted reopening after (the first wave of) COVID. Diamond, Dark Horse, Valiant, Boom!, and Oni were involved. I think some of the indie board game companies as well. Todd McFarlane and Kevin Smith as individuals, as well. There was also charity fundraising via a couple of orgs created to support comic and game retailers attempting to rebuild.

Of course, it turned out in fairly short order that May 2020 wasn't going to be a clean break from the pandemic era, and #backthecomeback got memory binned pretty quickly. I'm don't know how many books, by what companies, actually went to print with the logo.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:41 AM, F For Fake said:

Not sure how I missed this one! I'm not a huge Predator guy (at least relative to Aliens) but I have always LOVED that cover and that book, and wow, second printing! That is super duper cool.

Haven't added much to the Aliens collection lately outside of amassing more dollar copies of books I already own. I did pick these up last week. I'm not big on signed books, but I thought it was kinda neat to be able to get three consecutively numbered copies like this. Would have rather they'd been signed by Claremont than Guice, but oh well, it's fine. I do wonder about those sigs though, as markers don't last forever. I wonder how many books are sitting in slabs that were signed by markers, which will one day barely have a remnant of the original signature? None of this stuff was made to last, unfortunately. 

IMG_6507.JPG

IMG_6510.JPG

IMG_6512.JPG

Thats awesome (thumbsu

I recently picked up some Platinum 1s and still on the lookout for the Platinum ashcan

I've had this series for awhile, wonder if I should get them slabbed one day 

On 5/31/2022 at 1:02 PM, The Meta said:

Thats awesome (thumbsu

I recently picked up some Platinum 1s and still on the lookout for the Platinum ashcan

I've had this series for awhile, wonder if I should get them slabbed one day 

Oh yeah, that Plat/Silver ashcan is TOUGH. I can't recall last time I saw one.