• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,502 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2023 at 11:07 AM, Pontoon said:

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like a signature is required for your package, delivery was attempted but no one was home to sign, so your package was not delivered.

It was redirected to Walgreen as soon as I got the email that Clink had shipped it...Thursday. And then FedEx sent me an email confirming that.

Having bought from Comiclink for nearly 20 years now, I get jacked around by FedEx every f'ing time. None of their so-called updates are accurate. Even if signature is required, everything is just dumped on the porch, and rarely put in the parcel box, outside the front door. They do send me photos of the signature required packages thrown on my porch while I'm away - so nice to know.

On 11/4/2023 at 11:50 PM, lizards2 said:

Having bought from Comiclink for nearly 20 years now, I get jacked around by FedEx every f'ing time. None of their so-called updates are accurate. Even if signature is required, everything is just dumped on the porch, and rarely put in the parcel box, outside the front door. They do send me photos of the signature required packages thrown on my porch while I'm away - so nice to know.

But that's not a Comiclink problem, that's a FedEx problem. 

Shipping companies have gotten lazier lately because they got used to being lazy and I've found the standard of service to have dropped across the board. 

Dropping off packages without sigs and other unusual patterns are now the norm, unfortunately. Lack of accountability and laziness abounds in the greatest measure I've ever seen in 50 years. 

On 11/5/2023 at 7:21 AM, VintageComics said:

But that's not a Comiclink problem, that's a FedEx problem. 

Shipping companies have gotten lazier lately because they got used to being lazy and I've found the standard of service to have dropped across the board. 

Dropping off packages without sigs and other unusual patterns are now the norm, unfortunately. Lack of accountability and laziness abounds in the greatest measure I've ever seen in 50 years. 

Covid became a great excuse to stop getting actual signatures.    

As far as tracking - USPS is by far the most accurate in my experience and FedEx is typically pretty good too.   UPS is the one that is one where they say Friday, Friday, Friday and you get a failed delivery attempt out of the blue on Thursday.   Had that happen so many times even when checking the status on the days of the unexpected failed delivery attempt.  

People like to bash government agencies but USPS is actually pretty amazing and efficient.

On 11/5/2023 at 10:47 AM, DC# said:

People like to bash government agencies but USPS is actually pretty amazing and efficient.

I actually have great experiences with USPS except for their Express service which may or may not show up on time. 

And the people at the USPS POs are usually very helpful as well.

UPS is a different ball of wax and people in Canada HATE UPS. 

Had a boardie send me a document last week via UPS overnight and the thing has been sitting stationary for days now.

UPS and Canada do NOT get along. 

On 11/5/2023 at 10:47 AM, DC# said:

Covid became a great excuse to stop getting actual signatures.    

I can't stress enough how bad things are now post 'this thing'. It's like humans devolved a 100 years and nothing works in a straight forward manner anymore. 

Me and my buddy Dave talk most about driving because we're avid drivers. It's like everyone's IQ dropped 20 points and now everyone functions at partial capacity. 

I'm ready to move to a secluded Island and leave it all behind, it's been so bad. 

On 11/5/2023 at 7:56 AM, VintageComics said:

I can't stress enough how bad things are now post 'this thing'. It's like humans devolved a 100 years and nothing works in a straight forward manner anymore. 

Me and my buddy Dave talk most about driving because we're avid drivers. It's like everyone's IQ dropped 20 points and now everyone functions at partial capacity. 

I'm ready to move to a secluded Island and leave it all behind, it's been so bad. 

People haven't changed, you're just more aware now.

On 11/5/2023 at 2:20 PM, Brer247i said:

People haven't changed, you're just more aware now.

Well, the driving thing I am hyper aware about because I'm an avid car enthusiast and drive and have paid attention to people's driving habits since I got my license in 1986.

As for the rest, I think I'm reasonably objective.

I think each new generation these days is just willing to take less chances (which definitely reduces your ability to succeed and grow) because there are so many creature comforts available to everyone. In the past you were challenged by your natural habitat but as a general rule, life is so good and so easy these days - even with the hard times we're experiencing we are still living in the top 2% in the world, and I think people need to challenge themselves more to stay sharp and very few do. 

The movie Idiocracy is a reality these days. lol

On 11/5/2023 at 7:50 AM, VintageComics said:

I actually have great experiences with USPS except for their Express service which may or may not show up on time. 

And the people at the USPS POs are usually very helpful as well.

UPS is a different ball of wax and people in Canada HATE UPS. 

Had a boardie send me a document last week via UPS overnight and the thing has been sitting stationary for days now.

UPS and Canada do NOT get along. 

I dropped off a Priority Mail (USPS) package at San Carlos CA post office last Wednesday at 2:40 pm and CGC picked it up at their PO Box at 4:45 pm Friday that same week. I didn't think that was possible. 

On 8/27/2023 at 11:12 AM, Microchip said:

The old label, and the bottom right corner wasn't stained too badly with the usual yellow tinge, I had to have a shot at it.   The last two copies (9.6's) of these books I saw for sale was on Worldwide, both going for $10k each, last year IIRC.   So I'm happy with the outcome.

image.png

This book is M.I.A at Comiconnect.  

I've been fully refunded, and given priority at the same price, to buy the book as and when they manage to locate it.

On 11/5/2023 at 5:30 AM, Gaard said:

Tomorrow will be the third attempt (that's their limit before sending it back, right?), so fingers are crossed.

I did try to call their customer service, but all computer carp.

Third time's the charm ... or something like that. Walgreens had it today.