• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2022 at 8:57 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

The diversity in Eternals absolutely makes sense, because at the dawn of human civilization and through its development, the world's burdgeoning major civilizations are comprised of different human races in Mesopatamia, the Indus Valley, Africa, China, Northern Europe, and South America. It makes complete sense to the story that these Eternals would resemble the people they are protecting and living among.

Kind of a strange argument.  "You cant protect people and live among em unless ya look like em". (shrug)
 let's be clear-the diversity in Eternals had zero to do with the story, and everything to do with hollywood pandering.

Edited by kav

On 1/25/2022 at 6:50 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Yep.. still laughing at that one.. :golfclap:

Thank you for sharing that one. Made watching the movie worth while!!!

Never met a problem he couldn't fist!

:roflmao:

So, Eternals are robots, cause chloe zhao was so true to kirby that she used one panel where ickyrus said eternals are as varied as humans and used that for her casting decisions.  lol 
And she stayed very true to the appearance of deviants also lol 

On 1/25/2022 at 3:38 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

or flown into the sun.. 

I'll never understand why everyone get so offended by others opinions. It was a good movie that didn't make money.

Critics are split on it and a majority of audiences liked it.

I enjoyed it. You enjoyed it. They didn't and that's ok.

On 1/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, I like pie said:

I'll never understand why everyone get so offended by others opinions. It was a good movie that didn't make money.

(shrug)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  

On 1/25/2022 at 5:49 PM, I like pie said:

its not that-its the fact silver is making inaccurate statements, like about what a movie's theme is.  To educated film buffs, this is egregious.  If he just said well I liked it that would be fine.  putting words in director's mouths and making absurd uneducated statements-that has to be addressed.

Edited by kav

split on it-48% is a bad score.  and thats with the diversity, which critics tend to love.  audiences tend to rate a movie postively if they can understand it and the movie hits em over the head with stuff.