• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

Been meaning to bring this up and don't recall seeing anything about it but was Kang squatting in the Citadel?  I mean there were those 4 statues and one was broken so there must have been a fight or it has not been kept up.  Were the 3 Time Keepers real and Kang killed them off?

Edited by Xenosmilus

32 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Been meaning to bring this up and don't recall seeing anything about it but was Kang squatting in the Citadel?  I mean there were those 4 statues and one was broken so there must have been a fight or it has not been kept up.  Were the 2 Time Keepers real and Kang killed them off?

great question. Yes, they did zoom in on the broken statue to start the scene didn't they?

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

Been meaning to bring this up and don't recall seeing anything about it but was Kang squatting in the Citadel?  I mean there were those 4 statues and one was broken so there must have been a fight or it has not been kept up.  Were the 3 Time Keepers real and Kang killed them off?

I thought the time keepers were fake and he made it all up...

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

They may have been real at some time and Kang may have taken control (?). I believe the time keepers were/are real in the comic's.  

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

2 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Were the 3 Time Keepers real and Kang killed them off?

I don't think it's been made clear.  Could be either

Liked the series a lot.  Biggest issue was, they presented a 'Wow' moment when Kang is killed, causing the timelines/multiverse to go nuts.  Hadn't the writers already used that trick in episode 2, when Sylvie bombed the timeline?  They never really showed the consequences of that.

Many of these shows would benefit from more editing. I'm not sure I've seen a perfect show, other than perhaps Mad Men.

Edited by Heronext

20 minutes ago, Heronext said:

Liked the series a lot.  Biggest issue was, they presented a 'Wow' moment when Kang is killed, causing the timelines/multiverse to go nuts.  Well, hadn't the writers already used that trick in episode 2, when Sylvie bombed the timeline?  They never really showed us the consequences of that.

Many of these shows would benefit from more editing. I'm not sure I've seen a perfect show, other than perhaps Mad Men.

First few seasons of games of thrones were perfect.  The last 2 were trash

Loki Director Explains Miss Minutes' 'Sinister' Turn In The Finale, Shares Thoughts On Ravonna's Future

Miss Minutes zipped over to the Citadel from the TVA when Loki and Sylvie were on the verge of meeting He Who Remains for the first time, and she offered them pretty much everything they ever wanted, with an extra cherry or two on top about staying together. They obviously said no, and Miss Minutes seemingly had enough agency of her own to look pretty annoyed about it. CinemaBlend's Nick Venable spoke with Loki director Kate Herron and asked what she could say about Miss Minutes giving that extra option, and her reaction at being turned down:

"Yeah, I'm so intrigued by her relationship with He Who Remains, and I love that there's like this sinister turn with her character. And I think we knew we wanted her to be a bit more sinister in Episode 6, so I couldn't resist the jump scare. It was like, we have to make it creepy, so let's just go for it. And I think that's the fun thing, right? She's almost like the devil on their shoulder being like, 'You can have exactly what you want.' I think that it was really fun in that we thought of her as this very sweet kind of good character, and it's like, oh, no, she's actually quite powerful and knows more than anyone at the TVA. So, yeah, I think that was kind of fun, really, and that moment was really meant to be a temptation and kind of show, you know, will Loki or Sylvie go for this? And they won't. I suppose in terms of the audience, it's like at that point, you don't know what's going to happen in that room upstairs and how they're going to be tempted again. So it's kind of almost like a starter to the main course."

Miss Minutes zipped back off again with a simple "Happy reading!" in response to Ravonna's question of who "he" is, which again showed some personality and agency that maybe she shouldn't have had as far as Ravonna knew. Unfortunately, the episode ended without showing exactly what the files were, although they affected Ravonna enough that she left the TVA abruptly despite previously maintaining that they had to keep doing their jobs. She's in search of free will, but what does that mean for her placement in the timeline? Kate Herron shared her insight:

"Well, I think the cool thing that we can say is that they've clearly sparked something in her that she's like, 'The one who has power is the one in charge.' And we know she's been given something that's at least gonna lead her to answers, and I think that's the really beautiful thing with the performance that Gugu [Mbatha-Raw] did is that this is someone that's having like a crisis of faith. So I hope where she will go, we'll get answers. Like, why was she in that role? What was happening? And I think for her, it's just really like a kind of journey of, I guess, self-discovery she's about to go on."

With the three Disney+ MCU shows, that finish storylines begun in Infinity War/Endgame, now behind us, my Best of the Disney+ MCU Shows awards go to...

Best Disney+ MCU Super-Duo is Wanda and Vision. Moreso than Sam and Bucky or Loki and Sylvie. One of the main reasons for WandaVision was to explore the bond between Marvel's favorite couple, but the show also explored it from several scenarios: as a married TV couple, as Avengers, as enemies, as long lost lovers. But still the...

Best Disney+ MCU Romance is Loki and Sylvie. Yes, more than Wanda and Vision's TV home life or Sam and Bucky' bromance. WandaVision was less a romance and more Wanda and Vision trying to build a happy home. With Loki and Sylvie, there's the absurdity of it, but we also saw them meet, spend real time with each other and build towards an emotional bond in Episodes 3 and 4, we saw the first time they fell for each other on Lamentis in Ep 5, and we saw their first kiss in Ep 6. And their romance had consequences not only for them, but for the future of the MCU.

Best Disney+ MCU Action Choreography is The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Given that our characters in FWS aren't magicians, Infinity stone powered androids, or gods, they had to use a lot of hand-to-hand combat making for an obvious pick for best action scenes.

Best Disney+ MCU Super-hero Power-up Scene is Sam Wilson Training With the Shield. More than Wanda becoming the Scarlet Witch or Loki getting a heart, the main point of FWS was for this moment, for Sam to really finally accept the mantle of Captain America. We spent the whole show before seeing how Sam was  worthy on the inside, and now got to see him sling the Shield around, showing he has the physical chops for the job. Plus there's the power of seeing an African-American man take over the role of a character that's now as iconic as Spider-Man or Superman in popular culture.

Best New Super-Powered Character in a Disney+ MCU show is Adult Monica Rambeau. Moreso than John Walker or Sylvie. We got to really know her adult Monica before her power-up and her power-up itself was a great scene.

Best New Villain in a Disney+ MCU show is Kang/Immortus. Even though Loki the show was building towards the character, many of us, freshly stung by WandaVision, were expecting just another Loki or someone else, but they pulled out Kang, and kind of unexpectedly. He had a pretty great intro scene where he got to chew up the scene (but which arguably went on a little long) and the character will have important implications for the future of the MCU, given that he's most probably the new big bad villain after Thanos. Maybe. Or is Kang around to more lead-off this burdgeoning Multiversal War which could unleash a bigger threat?

Best Disney+ MCU Ensemble Scene is the Variant Lokis in the Void. Seeing the different Lokis interact together including Richard E Grant as Classic Loki and an Alligator Loki was pretty classic.

Best Disney+ MCU Series is Loki. I loved all three shows, but Loki had a more streamlined plot/story, better character development, more interesting dialogue, and a better payoff at the end that the show really built towards.

Edited by @therealsilvermane