• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,891 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2023 at 12:31 PM, Gotham Kid said:

leading the pack, with no surprise

Uummmm..............did you forget to set your filter to include MA books so that you could catch the priceless variant editions of Ultimate Fallout 4 and the Dell 'Otto Spidey 667?  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/8/2023 at 3:49 PM, Chicago Boy said:

amazing auction.  all star 8. all star 3. whiz 2, etc to boot

Honestly, the level of books is just beyond words. Also noticed this single highest mile high 1st Dr Fate. Unbelievable that books like this can get overshadowed haha

16C83CBF-9B87-4D31-8AB7-4EDCDBEA1B3C.jpeg

On 3/8/2023 at 11:07 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Honestly, the level of books is just beyond words. Also noticed this single highest mile high 1st Dr Fate. Unbelievable that books like this can get overshadowed haha

16C83CBF-9B87-4D31-8AB7-4EDCDBEA1B3C.jpeg

Wow. There are actually 2 copies in this signature auction. The sheer amount of quality GA is eye opening. 27689456%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

On 3/8/2023 at 11:07 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

On 3/9/2023 at 7:36 AM, Northwest said:

Wow. There are actually 2 copies in this signature auction. The sheer amount of quality GA is eye opening.

Almost makes you wonder if this is a frantic mad rush for the exit doors after seeing what's been taking  place in the more recent SA to CA marketplaces. hm  :fear:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/9/2023 at 6:39 PM, lou_fine said:
On 3/9/2023 at 7:07 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

On 3/9/2023 at 3:36 PM, Northwest said:

Wow. There are actually 2 copies in this signature auction. The sheer amount of quality GA is eye opening.

Almost makes you wonder if this is a frantic mad rush for the exit doors after seeing what's been taking  place in the more recent SA to CA marketplaces. hm  

Seems to me to be a typical Heritage featured auction, I can't even recall when they EVER had a mundane featured auction

On 3/9/2023 at 10:54 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Seems to me to be a typical Heritage featured auction, I can't even recall when they EVER had a mundane featured auction

No I agree. They are clearly THE premiere auction house for big books. It’s not even close.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:39 AM, lou_fine said:

Almost makes you wonder if this is a frantic mad rush for the exit doors after seeing what's been taking  place in the more recent SA to CA marketplaces. hm  :fear:

Maybe, everything for the most part has definitely leveled off back to pre pandemic levels in those eras. Well still a bit higher, but close. So wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right and people are itching to get sales with that happening.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:47 AM, buttock said:

Even though it's been the same quality of stuff being offered for years?  

On 3/9/2023 at 10:54 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Probably right,but from some of the posts here it almost sounded as though there was more than usual of the old school long established key DC and Timely books (excluding the Promise books that is) possibly from long held collections making their way into this auction here.  (shrug)

Then again, just did a quick check and don't see any of the early Amazing Mystery Funnies with the beautiful covers or any HG early Fox books, so nothing much to see here.  :wink:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/9/2023 at 1:36 PM, lou_fine said:

Then again, just did a quick check and don't see any of the early Amazing Mystery Funnies with the beautiful covers or any HG early Fox books, so nothing much to see here.  :wink:  lol

Actually, I may have been a bit too hasty with my initial assessment here as I was taking a closer look at the Heritage offerings last night and noticed that although not HG, they do have a CGC 3.0 graded copy of Wonderworld 7 which should certainly draw some attention here:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/wonderworld-comics-7-fox-1939-cgc-gd-vg-30-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7339-94211.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Wonderworld Comics #7 (Fox, 1939) CGC GD/VG 3.0 Off-white to white pages....

Even in this lower graded condition and with 20 higher graded copies out there, it was still able to fetch $10.2K back in the pandemic bubble time of April 2021 after a CGC 3.5 graded copy had sold for $9K a few months prior to that in January of 2021.  Makes me wonder if this copy here will still be able to hit 5-figures now that we are in the post pandemic lockdown time period.  hm

In terms of early Fox books and the current rabid drive for classic cover books, common sense would seem to dictate that this lower grade copy of WW 7 should still be able to top out this higher graded copy of Fantastic 2 coming up later this week:  (shrug)

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/971894

fan2.241_2.jpg

Then again, it's probably hard to say since there's only two higher graded copies of Fantastic 2 out there, with the single highest being the CGC 9.0 graded Jon Berk Church copy auctioned off by CC back in 2017.  Unlike some of the Promise retreads, I highly doubt this Church copy will be coming back to market anytime soon, and the highest that Heritage has ever had topped out at a grade of only CGC 4.5 and that was all the way back in 2006.  :whatthe:

Looks like both copies of these two early Fox books are currently sitting at hammer bids in the $2K bidding range which is certainly not where they are going to finish up at when the fat lady gets up to sing.  It will be interesting to see which one of these early Fox books comes out on top, but I suspect with the WW 7 being the classic cover book and having a track record of onging sales, it should be able to nudge out the Fantastic 2 which doesn't have the same track record of sales due to its relative rarity in this kind of grade. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

On 3/12/2023 at 7:52 PM, Telegan said:

In that case, how much more gravy for the CGC 6.5 graded copy coming up in their Signature Auction at the end of this month: :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/hit-comics-17-quality-1941-cgc-fn-65-off-white-pages/a/7339-94112.s?ic16=ViewItem-Auction-Archive-OtherAvailable-081514

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Hit Comics #17 (Quality, 1941) CGC FN+ 6.5 Off-white pages....

Maybe it'll stay stuck at the current hammer bid of only $1K with that fugly looking ill-fitting magazine holder that it's imprisioned in.  :p  :takeit: