• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

It’s going to be interesting to see how they resolve certain issues that need to align with what we see of Obi Wan by the time we get to Rebels.  We know that Disney is not disavowing the series as the crew of the ghost is set to make its return in Ahsoka.  

Still… 

On 6/9/2022 at 6:44 AM, Lpgk said:

If I didn't exercise or work out in 10 years and suddenly someone asks you to foot race them, it's doubtful you're going to look like Tyreek Hill out there. He's supposed to be old and decrepit. 

I would say it’s closer to being able to ride a bike.  I could definitely take 10 years off and then jump on again and ride without missing a beat. I think they took it a little farther than they needed to with him being “out of shape” with the Force. 2c

On 6/9/2022 at 2:06 AM, kimik said:

He is not cut off from the force - he still used it to save Leia when she falls.

This is when I turned E2 off. That scene was awful. Everything about it. The parkour right before it was as cringe as possible, the attempt at 'suspense' turned my eyes white from rolling all the way back in my head, I just couldn't believe how poorly-conceived the entire thing was. Again, this was after enjoying the first half of the episode.

On 6/8/2022 at 9:17 PM, media_junkie said:

Ok, so I just watched episode 1 and I have to ask, does it get better?  I have no desire to watch this show again.  Obi-Wan and his scenes are ok.  Leia is absolute cringe.  Third sister seems forced like she is trying to hard.  17 years since "Revenge of the Sith" and this is how they decided to bring these characters back?  I don't get it, and I really don't have the energy to put into a show.

No this is the Moon Knight of Starwars. Stick with Mandalorian. 

On 6/9/2022 at 2:06 PM, kimik said:

It still does not make sense that he is Obi-Wan and weaker than lost padawans he stumbles across that barely have any training. He is not cut off from the force - he still used it to save Leia when she falls. They made a mistake in making him too weak IMHO, as it is really unbelievable now that he can mount any type of resistance to Vader or the weakest of the Inquisitors.

Understand what you mean but yea when I said he was cut off from the force, just pointing to the struggle he had just to save Leia. Its been 10 years and he has so called lost his way. In revenge of the sith, Yoda tells him he will teach him how to commune with Qui Gon but seems he did not heed Yoda's training or just got worn out over time. And to me that's perfectly possible. Obi wan simply has lost his faith. The Jedi have lost and he failed as a teacher and a friend. He thought he had killed anakin and failed padme. He is wholly defeated. A shell of a man.  But what does a hero do...he needs to find himself again. And with that realisation comes greater understanding. For me it wouldn't be realistic for him to remain "strong". This portrayal seems more realistic. He needs to empty himself first before he can find "enlightenment". And the journey has started with him agreeing to help leia. 

On 6/3/2022 at 9:21 AM, valiantman said:

Exactly. If people are posting garbage on Disney-owned sites, Disney can delete it.

When people are posting garbage anywhere else... (shrug)

The apparent solution to everything: more laws and more lawsuits. :insane:

So Jedis can use the Force to dry off quickly? My wife noticed when he swam out of the hole on the bottom floor he was perfectly dried out. lol

Women, can't live with them....pass the beer nuts.  -Norm (Cheers)

Edited by Rodey

On 6/9/2022 at 10:53 AM, Rodey said:

So Jedis can use the Force to dry off quickly? My wife noticed when he swam out of the hole on the bottom floor he was perfectly dried out. lol

Women, can't live with them....pass the beer nuts.  -Norm (Cheers)

I thought of this as he was in the ocean. Wouldn't he leave puddles everywhere he went. I'm sure even the dumbest Trooper would probably a trail of water everywhere. 

On 6/8/2022 at 5:59 AM, Bosco685 said:

Episode 4 brought some reveals what is happening to captured Jedis.

:(

Man, when a lightsaber lights up in the dark and starts slashing stormtroopers...

:whatthe: :ohnoez: :flamethrower: :banana: :Rocket:

They are all dead. Basically, encased at their point of death. If I recall correctly, this was a small plot point in Rebels and their presence is used to lure Jedi out from the shadows to save their old masters or padawans. 

On 6/9/2022 at 3:54 PM, awakeintheashes said:

They are all dead. Basically, encased at their point of death. If I recall correctly, this was a small plot point in Rebels and their presence is used to lure Jedi out from the shadows to save their old masters or padawans. 

In season 1 of the "Star Wars: Rebels" cartoon, Order 66 Jedi survivor Kanan Jarrus and his padawan Ezra Bridger learn from a report where Jedi Master Luminara Unduli is being held prisoner. Wanting to rescue a Jedi and provide Bridger a proper Jedi teacher, Kanan is naturally determined to liberate her. 

But it's a trap. Once they make it to the prison cell, they're confused by a hologram projection of her final moments. Then they witness her holo projection walk straight into an upright coffin with a viewing window, revealing the actual frozen corpse of Unduli. The shock of that revelation also punctuates the debut of the Grand Inquisitor, who menacingly shares that "[Luminara's] bones continued to serve the Empire.

Throughout that rescue mission, Kanan was relying on his Force-sensitivity to track and feel the Jedi Master's presence. He does sense her presence yet admits that it's "clouded." This is what makes the Inquisitor's bait so effective in luring an inexperienced Jedi like Kanan Jarrus. A Jedi doesn't necessarily have to be alive for another Jedi to sense them. It just takes some old-fashioned mortuary storage to throw off their senses. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 6/9/2022 at 7:06 AM, bentbryan said:

I would say it’s closer to being able to ride a bike.  I could definitely take 10 years off and then jump on again and ride without missing a beat. I think they took it a little farther than they needed to with him being “out of shape” with the Force. 2c

I disagree only because I think they had to figure out a way to start aging him quickly.  Keep in mind that in ten years he supposedly looks like Alex Guinness.  You can say the harsh sun wrinkles the skin and ages the hair but you have to account for the physique as well.  Even a year before ANH we see Ezra Bridger encounter Darth Maul and the Alec Guinness Obi Wan so maybe those twin suns are more damaging to the skin than we assume. 

Which reminds me... I need to buy sunscreen. 

As someone who watched Star Wars at the theater when it first came out, I am loving this show. Held my interest more than the Mandalorian so far.  I can totally understand how a great master gets old and has difficulty with something he formally mastered, along with loss of confidence against a more youthful antagonist.  I don't get the hate I'm seeing here, but I am not as anal about cannon and lore as many I'm sure.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:44 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I can't watch this show. It's awful. I was actually very impressed with the first half of E2, particularly the story and how not-terrible Third Sister was. I turned it off near the end. Leia is so poorly written. The director cannot direct action/chase scenes. Whose idea was it to have grown men struggle to chase after a 10-year old in every episode? It's entirely unconvincing. The directing is so bad, you can tell that the actors couldn't even pretend to struggle seeing/following her, but they had to stop themselves from grabbing her after 0.3 seconds.

I just can't. This is bad. Stop it.

The older guy chasing the brat is fairly true to reality, if you've ever dealt with brats in public. Having his level of patience is certainly trying. 

The main part I had contention with was Vader letting Obi get away in the fire. Surely, he could have extinguished it, as he did a few moments ago. Unless, perhaps, he didn't want him dead for whatever reason.

Edited by bronze_rules