• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's BLUE BEETLE movie starring Xolo Mariduena (2023)
3 3

264 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2023 at 7:51 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

The trailer doesn't look bad to me but it doesn't really stand out.  I think with all of the superhero origin stories we've gotten this kind of thing so much now that's really hard to stand out.  I do think it will have decent comedy but I'm just hoping we aren't going the Thor or Shazam style of nothing but comedy from him.  I know in the later Jamie Reyes adaptations the Beetle is always ready to try to fight or annihilate something (makes for some funny dialogue between the two) but it doesn't seem to be the case in this trailer.  I'm guessing they didn't want to be called a Venom rip off or something, but I hope we get a couple of interactions like that in the movie.

This looks like the same general origin story as half of the superhero movies out there.  

On 4/4/2023 at 3:22 PM, buttock said:

This looks like the same general origin story as half of the superhero movies out there.  

It just seems like another superhero movie I will watch streaming than go to see. It should be interesting to see if it can beat Shazam at the box office. I will try it out, but wait for it to stream.

On 4/4/2023 at 1:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

The Hardest of Hard passes.

Literally saw every scene in a previous movie. Dreadful

On 4/5/2023 at 8:40 AM, Beige said:

Literally saw every scene in a previous movie. 

Yeah, I've got to agree with you. I don't really know how they're supposed to do something new in the genre, but I think they could try harder than this, and I believe audiences WANT something that tries harder than this. I think audiences are tired from endless origin stories that go nowhere. 

On 4/3/2023 at 10:16 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Good point about the origins.  Hopefully that part will be relatively short because we have seen it before.  Also - Susan Sarandon?  Not sure whether she helps much with any "new direction."

I'm interested where they're going to go with her being Ted Kord's sister.  I've seen some theories that people think they're going to have him be dead in the movie but we'll find out he's time traveling with Booster Gold.

On 4/5/2023 at 11:54 AM, Cat said:

Yeah, I've got to agree with you. I don't really know how they're supposed to do something new in the genre, but I think they could try harder than this, and I believe audiences WANT something that tries harder than this. I think audiences are tired from endless origin stories that go nowhere. 

100% agree Cool Cat.

How many times is that now for Superman and Batman?

This look like one of those 'Family Favorite' movies you struggle through on Xmas day, when you just want a kip.

Hey Cat - which AFL mob is yours?

On 4/5/2023 at 3:29 PM, Beige said:

100% agree Cool Cat.

How many times is that now for Superman and Batman?

This look like one of those 'Family Favorite' movies you struggle through on Xmas day, when you just want a kip.

Hey Cat - which AFL mob is yours?

I don't follow the AFL, mate, but if I had to pick a team, it'd be the Lions. What can I say, got to back my home team. 

I also think you've got this movie pegged beautifully. That's exactly what it is. 

On 4/24/2023 at 7:07 PM, Bosco685 said:

CinemaCon has the full suit on display.

Fucn8z0XsAEHj5k.jpeg.c91de709133fdb103861c9f338df28d0.jpeg

FucqmFyX0AEGn8-.thumb.jpeg.6cb4c349067e2afe67ffe3bd59aa0b67.jpeg

FucqmF1X0AEQzej.thumb.jpeg.81eac3f26fac886786d47c93fe539cfb.jpeg

Very cool suit, it's translated well into 3D. It's just too bad I don't care. 

It looks like it will be fun summer popcorn flick so hopefully the box office numbers are decent. I will likely see it, and if I do I will go in with properly set expectations.