• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's BLUE BEETLE movie starring Xolo Mariduena (2023)
3 3

264 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2023 at 3:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

If there are three versions of a character over decades, yes. Because within those decades you have multiple comic book appearances, individual lore developed and the reaction of readers to such content.

Thanks for asking though.

Pleas allow me to clarify:

Do we really need to rank things when there are 3 of them and nobody cares about Dan Garrett?

On 8/16/2023 at 6:10 PM, Dr Zen said:

Pleas allow me to clarify:

Do we really need to rank things when there are 3 of them and nobody cares about Dan Garrett?

I would say it mattered to someone. They were purchasing these Golden Age stories.

• Dan Garret - 1939 to 1964
  • Ted Kord - 1967 to present
  • Jaime Reyes - 2006 to present

But looking at the span of time, each has been around long enough to reflect on their relevance and impact. Hope you get that paperheart :bigsmile: though.

(:

just got home from seeing it with the guys first reactions was meh it was okay...not something I'll stop on when flipping thru the channels down the road

I actually went to sleep about 20 or 30 minutes in for a minute or two, it's kind of like Power Rangers fused Spider Man

Edited by Azkaban

If predictions hold true that “Blue Beetle,” the new summer blockbuster from the DC franchise will knock out “Barbie” from the top box office slot this weekend, it would prove what I and others have been saying for years: Give Latino creatives the big budget chances and they will deliver. “Blue Beetle,” which opened Friday, is directed by Puerto Rican Ángel Manuel Soto, written by Mexican Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer and features the fabulous Cuban-Mexican-Ecuadorian Xolo Maridueña of “Cobra Kai” fame as a bonafide non-animated (sorry, Miles Morales) Latino superhero.

Described by one reviewer as exactly what the “struggling” DC franchise needs, “Blue Beetle,” even more importantly, is a game changer for Latino representation and a prompt to Hollywood to stop recycling stereotypes, reducing U.S. Latinos to side characters and telling trite stories that lack cultural complexity and fail to speak to our communities.

On 8/20/2023 at 1:58 PM, D84 said:

Budget:

$125,000,000

x2.7=

$337,500,000 is the break even point.

No.

I'm saying the usual rules don't apply since this was originally slated to go to HBO Max.

So the only numbers that actually count against break-even are the theatrical marketing ones.

They were going to spend $125 million anyway - just to put it on Max.