• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's BLUE BEETLE movie starring Xolo Mariduena (2023)
3 3

264 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2023 at 7:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

FyH1IhEWAAAfx-I.thumb.jpeg.8b9f8f27527a6df2d87bf2e6981115b0.jpeg

So, Yellowjacket in a different paintjob.

This will be a bomb of mega proportions

On 6/12/2023 at 3:16 AM, Beige said:

I saw an image out of context and thought it was an alternate multiverse Spider-Man suit, despite the colour.

(I’d completely forgotten about the film.)

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 6/11/2023 at 10:16 PM, Beige said:

I don't think this will do too good.  They'll need the Cobra Kai crowd to come out big time for this to break even.  In a side note I really wish they would copy the Young Justice Blue Beetle were Jamie is constantly trying to get the Beetle to stop trying to kill people.  Would make for some funny situations though Venom has already done this bit (Not too well though).

While still looking and sounding very generic, I don't think that will hurt this too much. This is one of the few comic movies coming out that honestly feels like it isn't really trying to hype things up and will just be happy to do its average thing (expectations are well set for a streaming movie). I kind of feel this one might just end up being an odd ball surprise (and if not, literally zero issue - not like its trying to change the hierarchy of the DC universe or is a mega blockbuster that was hyped for a decade).

On 7/21/2023 at 9:49 AM, drotto said:

August where movies usually go to die. I feel sorry for the kid, really like him in Cobra Kia.

Ah yes, Cobra Kia, the show about the sassy snake and his trusty car, the good-for-mileage Kia. Very popular on Netflix.