• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,670 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2023 at 1:16 AM, Telegan said:

Just for kicks, here are the top 100 or so comic book sales from the ComicLink February 2023 Winter Featured auction (this doesn't include lots, art, covers, pages, saliva samples of famous artists, etc. -- just your typical single comic books).  Let me know if anybody sees any mistakes.

*EDIT* : may need to put on your glasses or use a magnifying glass. lol.  Here is a link to a spreadsheet version on Google Sheets that has a lot more entries.  Let me know if you have issues viewing it.

After seeing this spreadsheet of yours being posted on a public website, all I can say is that you better close and lock all your doors and windows as you should be expecting to be served with a subpoena from Josh's legal team at any moment.  (tsk)  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/9/2023 at 12:45 PM, lou_fine said:

After seeing this spreadsheet of yours being posted on a public website, all I can say is that you better close and lock all your doors and windows as you should be expecting to be served with a subpoena from Josh's legal team at any moment.  (tsk)  lol

Good grief, please don't tell me they're like that.  It's the results of an open auction that you can go visit their site and see the results of.  Maybe I should re-think this. lol.

On 3/9/2023 at 2:25 PM, Telegan said:

Good grief, please don't tell me they're like that.  It's the results of an open auction that you can go visit their site and see the results of.  Maybe I should re-think this. lol.

I think you’re fine lol. I can go on their website and search the same info right now haha.

On 3/17/2023 at 4:39 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

And they’re coming down the stretch! Battle of the .5 1st issues, who shall win 🤔

2D4E82C7-35CD-4E99-9B8A-7207469E79B6.jpeg

Whats the ranking on a .5 PLOD versus a .5 Greenie?   Do you need to slap down $30k to have a say??

On 3/29/2023 at 10:00 AM, ThothAmon said:

Eye appeal of this copy in the latest CL auction? Clearly. Structurally superior?  Hard to see how a brittle book could be called structurally superior.  

0B21DA2C-C8AA-49C3-B3C0-8CC312FB8ED8.jpeg

4B20F931-4229-4F89-BA7B-08359C04C2C5.jpeg

They kill a book for the paper but i bet you could crack it out and read it with no problem.I have a book they killed and had no issues reading it so a gamble is sometimes worth it :bigsmile:

On 3/29/2023 at 10:00 PM, ThothAmon said:

Eye appeal of this copy in the latest CL auction? Clearly. Structurally superior?  Hard to see how a brittle book could be called structurally superior.  

Was there a CVA sticker?  If there was, it was obscured by the massive fugly miswrap.

On 3/29/2023 at 7:00 AM, ThothAmon said:

Looks like you answered your own question here as the visual appearance of this copy here is clearly superior relative to its assigned CGC 1.5 grade.  :gossip:

As for the Brittle Pages, I believe that is referring to the PQ (i.e. Page Quality) of the book and not so much the "structure" of the book.  hm  (shrug)

Clearly, the fugly miswrap takes away from the appearance, but this would definitely bother me a whole lot more on a CGC 9.6 or 9.8 graded copy of a book which we have sadly seen, and not so much on a CGC 1.5 graded copy of a book.  (thumbsu

On 3/29/2023 at 9:18 AM, lou_fine said:

Looks like you answered your own question here as the visual appearance of this copy here is clearly superior relative to its assigned CGC 1.5 grade.  :gossip:

As for the Brittle Pages, I believe that is referring to the PQ (i.e. Page Quality) of the book and not so much the "structure" of the book.  hm  (shrug)

Clearly, the fugly miswrap takes away from the appearance, but this would definitely bother me a whole lot more on a CGC 9.6 or 9.8 graded copy of a book which we have sadly seen, and not so much on a CGC 1.5 graded copy of a book.  (thumbsu

this ^.  Who really knows how brittle the pages are, but I would think that if the pages were flipped for viewing, some paper may flake off from the pages itself.  I would be more confident in handling the book if it were designated as slightly brittle.  I owned a slightly brittle book once before and I was able to look at each page with ease without any further damage.  

On 6/8/2023 at 8:05 PM, Canadoggy said:

I am! Can't resist nice Bill Everett covers . . .

I can say that non-key PCH has softened but anything quality or key hasn't missed a beat and keeps going higher!

At CLINK that is . . .

Astonishing 15.jpg

Great Everett cover.

On 6/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, Professor K said:

If you listen close enough you can hear a lonesome slide guitar and a hawk's cry around here. 

Is nobody winning anything on Comiclink anymore? 

giphy.gif

Was a normal/solid silver featured auction, but with golden age stuff not going to lie, it was a pretty weak one! Just another example of Heritage and CC owning golden age sales. I don't think Clink cares though. They get solid books with silver, bronze, copper, modern and OA, with the occasional bigger golden grails. I mean don't get me wrong, they sell a bunch of cool golden age books, but not at the level of the other two. Even Goldin has been selling bigger golden agers. So, whatever the other auction houses are doing behind the scenes, if they're doing something behind the scenes to curry favor with collectors/dealers of the bigger books, Clink hasn't figured it out as well lol. Or maybe it's just word of mouth/prestige.

Edited by LDarkseid1