• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
10 10

468 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2022 at 6:33 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

B98D66BE-473E-4FC8-B059-0799222F07E2.jpeg

Oh wow nice grades of books that spark memories!  :x

I remember being in an antique shop with my dad late 80s early 90s and seeing that mystery incorporated along with new mutants #1. I wanted both, my dad thought about it and decided to school me by saying I could pick 1  :(

I'm sure which ever I chose is by the wayside now, but I didn't throw a tantrum so I guess, I passed the test?  :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/26/2022 at 12:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 9/26/2022 at 12:52 PM, Dewus2? said:

:gossip: 1993.

Sounds right, (thumbsu 

I call it an "antique" shop but it might have been a Half Price  books surplus store, or it was a location they used to have. I remember being asked what I wanted to study on, maybe buy a book on it. lol I was like 12, and I'm like I just want a comic and lets go haha, I was not prepared to have a come to Jesus moment. haha

Still stuck in my brain though :makepoint: 

Just got my shipping notice from Barnes & Noble for the new Alan Moore short story collection hardcover, "Illuminations", signed by the master himself. It was a pre-order about 4 months ago for the very reasonable price of $30, so I was only about 50/50 that I'd actually get a copy instead of a refund. I'll post a shot of the signature once I receive it. 

Was going to post this in Comics General but after the last Alan Moore thread got booted I figured it was better suited here.

“I’m definitely done with comics,” he says. “I haven’t written one for getting on for five years. I will always love and adore the comics medium but the comics industry and all of the stuff attached to it just became unbearable.”

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/oct/07/watchmen-author-alan-moore-im-definitely-done-with-comics

Edited by troy.division

On 8/23/2020 at 10:57 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

2000 A.D. Monthly #3.jpg

On 10/25/2020 at 2:46 PM, Chaykin Stevens said:

This seems to be Eric Philips' only credit on GCD.  Was he a pseudonym for Brian Bolland?

On 10/25/2020 at 2:48 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I'm not sure.  I always assumed he was a different person with a similar style to Bolland.  Maybe some of the British boardies know?

Looks like no one replied to this query.

It is Bolland.  He signed several covers (apparently) with different "joke" names for a short period.  I read about this on ComicArtFans where someone posted an original Bolland cover with one of the fake Bolland names.  I don't recall if they explained the joke.  I'll try and find it again.