• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

727 posts in this topic

LOVED this comic when it first came out.  When I read it in 1986 I thought there must have been other issues where they fought before because they talk like they've known each other for a long time.  After searching for awhile I finally learned it was the first time Wolverine fought Sabretooth in a comic.

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

2021_06_16 12_49 PM Office Lens.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

3 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

LOVED this comic when it first came out.  When I read it in 1986 I thought there must have been other issues where they fought before because they talk like they've known each other for a long time.  After searching for awhile I finally learned it was the first time Wolverine fought Sabretooth in a comic.

Indeed fun, I actually thought wolverine 10 was the first after reading it, it read as if it was. :tink:

But they're usually great stories either way, even in the animated series 

3 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Both really fun books. Xmen 205 is one mu favs, though sabretooth isn't part of that one.

Patrick

6 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

Wasn't wolverine 10 a flashback of their first encounter?

I was young when I first read it, I have a beat up raw but haven't cracked it open, but if so, it may be the reason I remember it that way :) Thanks! It'll give me something to read ;) 

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Scored this run which is missing #19 and ends at #33, but had a few extras. Still many are VF/NM (a few lower) and #1 & #8 look like they have a shot at 9.8 all for $100....:cloud9:

20210629_182736.jpg

20210629_182811.jpg

20210629_182827.jpg

20210629_182844.jpg

Some great books in that run. 

17 is a fan favorite.  Some Jim Lee action.  

Personal fav is the Lazarus Project run.   

These issues bring back sooooooo many memories.  

Patrick

14 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Some great books in that run. 

17 is a fan favorite.  Some Jim Lee action.  

Personal fav is the Lazarus Project run.   

These issues bring back sooooooo many memories.  

Patrick

I definitely agree that there are many great books in there. I was happy to have acquired this for what I did. Many memories for me as well. 

3 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I know this is sacrilege to admit on the Copper boards, but I don't really like Todd McFarlane's art that much.  Sorry.  I bought this issue for my Alan Moore collection.  The story and story idea are great in my opinion

Heretic! :) I think McFarlane is one of the best ever at drawing masked heroes in action, but I'll admit he has his limitations. When drawing normal peoples faces and hands for example, they can be a bit puffy and samey. I'm a big Alan Moore fan myself. The best writer in the history of comics for mine. I recently picked up a copy of the only work he ever did for Marvel US; X-Men: Heroes for Hope. In 3 pages he managed to explore the psyche of Magneto like few authors ever have.

Edited by MattrixAlien
Fix typo

McFarlane is much like Sam Kieth.

Pretty snazzy when first arrived, tired and over drawn as time goes on. 

Kieth in particular looks totally phoned in when it comes to the comic world, his actual art he does that he enjoys on his own time is much better