• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Official Holiday Raffle Thread
11 11

1,139 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Just realized one of the key books is completely hidden.  :facepalm:

Wow - it was a great set even without another key book.

Ok, here goes - hopefully my contribution is of interest to a few of you. Being stuck up here in the frozen north since March provided the inspiration here, because no doubt some of you in the U.S. are missing visiting us just like we're missing visiting you!

2020_raffle.thumb.jpg.68e1d167f7907ce7d7eaeac76c814305.jpg

Lego GOTG and a "Taste of Canada" box!
  • Lego set 76080: Ayesha's Revenge
  • Men's size L new with tags Captain Canuck T-shirt
  • Captain Canuck 0, 1, 2, & 3 (2016 series by Chapter House)
  • Alpha Flight 1
  • TMNT no. 71 Montreal Canadiens hockey cover variant by Kevin Eastman, signed by Eastman at 2017 Montreal Comiccon
  • Trio sampler of Canada's finest chocolate bars: Coffee Crisp, Mr. Big, and Wunderbar

Just for extra info, the Lego set has been carefully opened and is 100% complete, and almost-new in box... at the original time of purchase my daughter insisted on wanting to see and assemble baby Groot, so she opened package 1 to be able to complete the steps through the assembly of Ayesha and baby Groot (he is the tiny red spec at the bottom center of the photo here) and part of Ayesha's ship before putting everything away again:

lego_contents.thumb.jpg.847ec02e55a90d901f93ad1f9c73fecd.jpg

pixel.png

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - it was a great set even without another key book.

Such a great set, absolutely!  Just too bad, as the @ChasingKingKirby told me in secret, that four of the books are missing their back covers... and most have writing inside... and three of them are reprints... two others are held together almost exclusively by scotch tape.  Oh shoot, I’m not sure I was supposed to reveal any of that.  My apologies. Best just move on to other items when making your ranking list.  :wink:

17 hours ago, The Sledder said:

Updated!  Thanks to all the participants so far.  Some great items being offered up this year!  If anyone else wants to participate, you've got just under 7 days to get a donation listed.

@Haupia your Hawaiian treat box is usually a big hit and very high on a lot of lists.  Maybe it'll make a comeback?  :wishluck:

I got a huge box of Hawaiian goodies last year from @Mayor Mccheese

9 hours ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Just realized one of the key books is completely hidden.  :facepalm:

If book three is what I believe it is all I can do is tip my hat to you kind sir!

And I will be reaching from off panel to push people out of my way to select said prize. People won’t know it was me until years later. But by then we’ll be terrorizing you all!

Edited by comicginger1789

6 hours ago, fmaz said:

Such a great set, absolutely!  Just too bad, as the @ChasingKingKirby told me in secret, that four of the books are missing their back covers... and most have writing inside... and three of them are reprints... two others are held together almost exclusively by scotch tape.  Oh shoot, I’m not sure I was supposed to reveal any of that.  My apologies. Best just move on to other items when making your ranking list.  :wink:

That sucks. Crossing that one of my list. 

Will post up photo this weekend once I am off from work this week. I need to look around what I can donate for the raffle. Maybe a partly mystery box with one or two books showing? hm