• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO's THE LAST OF US starring Pedro Pascal (2023)
4 4

274 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2023 at 11:48 AM, the blob said:

Hey they haven't killed of tommy or his wife...yet

Yeah, but they were mostly side-characters. No real depth like Tess (killed), Bill & Frank (killed, killed), Henry & Sam (killed, killed), Riley (killed) - even Kathleen (killed) was given more depth than Tommy and his wife (so far).

Seems giving a full episode to introduce and explore a person's character is the kiss of death on this show! :whatthe: 

On 3/3/2023 at 2:11 PM, jcjames said:

Yeah, but they were mostly side-characters. No real depth like Tess (killed), Bill & Frank (killed, killed), Henry & Sam (killed, killed), Riley (killed) - even Kathleen (killed) was given more depth than Tommy and his wife (so far).

Seems giving a full episode to introduce and explore a person's character is the kiss of death on this show! :whatthe: 

This show is starting to leave me a little cold, despite everything being well done. The 7th episode was fine, but I found it predictable.  New character introduced, add some backstory, kill the new character, advance the main story a few inches. It is already feeling formulaic. As far as the main story goes we have now had 2 full episodes out of only 7, that while having some interesting aspects and acting, were basically filler.  I need more characters to latch on to, if I am going to stick with it.  I do like Joel and find him compelling,  but I find Ellie mildly annoying. As a result, I am not sure how long these two will keep me engaged, especially with the overall pacing.

As much as I usually like properties sticking with the source material, the progression of the story shows it's roots almost too much.  It is also seem to show how thin the source material is depending on how long they expect this series to last.

Edited by drotto

On 3/5/2023 at 8:58 PM, JRBaxter said:

That last episode was fantastic.

Of all the shows currently on my watch list, this is the best and the one I look forward to the most.  Which is saying something competing against the final season of Picard and the new season of The Mandalorian, both of which are pretty good so far.  Still, The Last of Us is the best written, by far.  And that makes all the difference.  2c

Glad you guys are enjoying it but I find its becoming boring. It's failing on two fronts - doesnt deliver either prime zombie or riveting apocalyptic bleakness. Others have done better in both.

Bella Ramsey, good call for GoT, not so much for this.

I ended up cancelling HBO since there really is not much I want to see on there (especially when you take away this show).  I may hop back in later this year but for now it's off my streaming service list so I'll have to hear how this show ends up.

On 3/6/2023 at 7:30 AM, Bosco685 said:

Good episode in that it demonstrated if pushed to survive on her own Ellie could somewhat handle herself in tough situations.

And also what standards of living people would cave to in the worst of situations if they allow it to happen.

That is a issue, I have with the show premise in general. So this is supposed to be how many years after the apocalypse (15 or so)?  I can understand society going to hell, but I not buying the all knowledge would be lost implications.   The show seems to imply there are a significant amount of survivors.   I would think that some level of manufacturing for basic necessities, like some drugs, car parts, batteries, etc would have been brought back online. When in reality, the manufacturing abilities, raw materials, and knowledge is all still around.  It just always seems to me like society would recover (to some degree) quicker, and we would adapt to the fungus.

On 3/6/2023 at 9:50 AM, 1Cool said:

I ended up cancelling HBO since there really is not much I want to see on there (especially when you take away this show).  I may hop back in later this year but for now it's off my streaming service list so I'll have to hear how this show ends up.

Succession, my friend

On 3/6/2023 at 9:57 AM, gadzukes said:

I agree, the Mall episode was lame.

Last night's episode "delivered" though.  Really well done.

Yep. Was not disappointed. Don't understand people with negativity toward this show. More well rounded and well acted than a lot of stuff that gains extreme popularity (yes I'm talking to the fans of that redundant atrocity, The Walking Dead).

On 3/6/2023 at 6:28 PM, Joshua33 said:

Yep. Was not disappointed. Don't understand people with negativity toward this show. More well rounded and well acted than a lot of stuff that gains extreme popularity (yes I'm talking to the fans of that redundant atrocity, The Walking Dead).

TLOU has turned zombies into fungi’s! (:

B4F02748-5CFF-4840-911B-E3995BDB3FC7.gif

On 2/22/2023 at 7:16 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

The last episode truly was great. And not a single zombie, still it was great. 

They are not Zombies. It's not a zombie show, nor a zombie game. They haven't come back from the dead a la TWD,

They are infected. :gossip: