• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2022 at 6:36 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

IMO, if you cannot do that, then you do not deserve a PS5 right now. I'm sure you're okay with that, though.

My opinion is that Sony does not deserve my money right now.......and I am 100 percent ok with that.

On 4/18/2022 at 7:50 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Just started Fallout 4 PS4 on PS5.  Typical Bethesda RPG game structure, familiar to me as a Skyrim / Oblivion player.  Scavenging resources everywhere, and I know I’m going to end up with another insanely large inventory. 

Great graphics, always one for exploration, finding it much darker in tone than Elder Scrolls. Likely be on it for months.

I'm not much of a gamer, but the Fallout games are my weakness. I probably put 200 hours into Fallout 4, very slowly, over a few years. It was during the pandemic, when I was work-from-home for a year, that I put serious elbow grease into finishing all of the DLC and tracking down all of the random stuff. Really loved it, but I loved all of the Fallout console games.

@Ken AldredI thought I saw a post from you yesterday about starting out in Fallout 4, but I was on my way out the door, and can't find it now. I think it was regarding Salvation, and storing your stuff. I was just going to say, for whatever reason, I left Salvation pretty quickly, and set up shop in the Red Rocket garage just west/southwest of Salvation. Throughout the course of the game I did acquire several other settlements, but that Red Rocket station was always "home" to me, and where I did most of my crafting/building/storage. My secondary home was Home Plate at Diamond City, I enjoyed fixing that one up a bit as well. So, it's fun to have all of the different options, and set them up as you please, but that first Red Rocket station was always home to me.

As for starting out, whenever I encountered Super Mutants and other heavies early on, I'd do my best to run and escape without confrontation, until I could level up a bit. I'd say the best tip I ever got was to pick up the Overseer's Guardian rifle in Vault 81, as it has double attack. Leveling up gun mods in order to mod that gun as much as possible was a huge, huge help.

edit: "salvation" is "sanctuary", obviously. I'm not fully awake yet!

Edited by F For Fake

On 4/26/2022 at 3:04 PM, F For Fake said:

I'm not much of a gamer, but the Fallout games are my weakness. I probably put 200 hours into Fallout 4, very slowly, over a few years. It was during the pandemic, when I was work-from-home for a year, that I put serious elbow grease into finishing all of the DLC and tracking down all of the random stuff. Really loved it, but I loved all of the Fallout console games.

You've not yet experienced the underwhelming universe of Fallout 76.

On 4/25/2022 at 11:31 PM, szav said:

Beat it last night...I've still got it, whatever it is.  Was it tough?  Sure, as far as modern games go pretty tough... but it still has nothing on games of the 80s and 90s where you have 3 lives, and when you die you start all the way over etc.

Happy days...I'm not senile yet, because I can still beat a reasonably tough video game.

Stuck on Radagon and Elden Beast.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:05 AM, Diamonddave said:

You've not yet experienced the underwhelming universe of Fallout 76.

Correct, I have steadfastly avoided it! I considered picking it up during the year-long quarantine, but I decided to just double down on Fallout 4 instead, and try to find every item, location, etc. My best friend keeps telling me that Fallout 76 "got much better!" but I dunno, it's just not for me. I don't like playing video games online, with other people, I'm pretty much strictly a solitary gamer. My understanding is that Fallout 76 is pretty boring, especially if you're going completely solo.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:47 PM, szav said:

That was one of the toughest boss fights for sure, getting through to the Elden beast without being totally spent was imperative.   The sword of blasphemy plus mimic summon made Radagon much easier.  

Did it with a Dex faith arcane daggers build.  How bout yourself?

Ive been trying some pvp and getting destroyed hah.

Dex/Arc, mimic tear shows me how awful my build is when it gets bodied in a couple minutes.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, F For Fake said:

Correct, I have steadfastly avoided it! I considered picking it up during the year-long quarantine, but I decided to just double down on Fallout 4 instead, and try to find every item, location, etc. My best friend keeps telling me that Fallout 76 "got much better!" but I dunno, it's just not for me. I don't like playing video games online, with other people, I'm pretty much strictly a solitary gamer. My understanding is that Fallout 76 is pretty boring, especially if you're going completely solo.

Same here. Console campaign player.

I didn’t play the games before Fallout 4 as they had a terrible reputation for glitches, slowdown and crashes on PS 3.  A shame because New Vegas was said to be excellent.

I find Fallout 4 on PS 5 runs smoothly enough but still can crash and occasionally corrupt your last save file.  
Loading is extremely noisy, but thankfully runs quiet in game, which apparently can be common with PS 4 titles on the newer system. 

On 4/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, F For Fake said:

@Ken AldredI thought I saw a post from you yesterday about starting out in Fallout 4, but I was on my way out the door, and can't find it now. I think it was regarding Salvation, and storing your stuff. I was just going to say, for whatever reason, I left Salvation pretty quickly, and set up shop in the Red Rocket garage just west/southwest of Salvation. Throughout the course of the game I did acquire several other settlements, but that Red Rocket station was always "home" to me, and where I did most of my crafting/building/storage. My secondary home was Home Plate at Diamond City, I enjoyed fixing that one up a bit as well. So, it's fun to have all of the different options, and set them up as you please, but that first Red Rocket station was always home to me.

As for starting out, whenever I encountered Super Mutants and other heavies early on, I'd do my best to run and escape without confrontation, until I could level up a bit. I'd say the best tip I ever got was to pick up the Overseer's Guardian rifle in Vault 81, as it has double attack. Leveling up gun mods in order to mod that gun as much as possible was a huge, huge help.

edit: "salvation" is "sanctuary", obviously. I'm not fully awake yet!

I decided to consolidate everything there as well, same idea as in Skyrim and Oblivion, rather than spreading out resources all over the map and ending up missing an item required for a certain crafting process.  Only on level 17 so far, doing a first playthrough on Normal, which is enough if you stick to basic, low level armour pickups rather than a full power suit.  Always have a go with Legendary super mutants or higher-levelled characters as you can scavenge better quality pickups if you manage to defeat them. For gun mods, I’ve always done a lot of smithing and enchanting in Elder Scrolls, so continuing that modding in the new game has OCD appeal to me.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:08 AM, Diamonddave said:

Stuck on Radagon and Elden Beast.

If you don't mind a little 'cheese' in your game, not sure if they patched this but with Radagan you can run up to him and stop and he wont move.  I beat him once like this.  I used a fully upgraded bow with regular arrows to get him near half health then poison arrows to get him past half health (if you hit him with melee weapon or regular arrows he will stun at half health and fall out of the 'trance').  After he is past half health, continue with the arrow barrage until he is beat.  This will get you to the Beast at full strength, good luck from there!

On 4/28/2022 at 10:51 PM, s-man said:

If you don't mind a little 'cheese' in your game, not sure if they patched this but with Radagan you can run up to him and stop and he wont move.  I beat him once like this.  I used a fully upgraded bow with regular arrows to get him near half health then poison arrows to get him past half health (if you hit him with melee weapon or regular arrows he will stun at half health and fall out of the 'trance').  After he is past half health, continue with the arrow barrage until he is beat.  This will get you to the Beast at full strength, good luck from there!

Sounds a bit like how I handled the Ebony Warrior in Skyrim, on Legendary. Crafting and enchanting were your friends, but avoiding direct melee. Another relentless juggernaut.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 4/28/2022 at 6:02 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Sounds a bit like how I handled the Ebony Warrior in Skyrim, on Legendary. Crafting and enchanting were your friends, but avoiding direct melee. Another relentless juggernaut.

Its been so long since I played Skyrim that I had to look up the EW on Youtube, tough SOB.  I forgot much of what the game looks like, but the fast travel in the map looks very similar to Elden Ring.

On 4/28/2022 at 4:51 PM, s-man said:

I'll try, this sounds a bit like the Moghwyn cheese. 

On 4/28/2022 at 7:31 PM, Diamonddave said:

I'll try, this sounds a bit like the Moghwyn cheese. 

Pretty much, except no shackle needed.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:40 PM, Diamonddave said:

Just don't stagger him

Right (thumbsu

Anyone looking forward to TMNT: Shredder's Revenge? Looks like a great pixel arcade hack and slash, similar the games before it, which were also a lot of fun, and are all also getting a re-release shortly. 

It does make me want to see a sequel to the wonderful X-Men Arcade Game. So many directions and character line ups you could go with that. It could be completely bonkers.